How were you notified that you were accepted off the waitlist?

Margaux1985

0k member
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2008
The great plains of NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
Well it's May and I figure schools are drawing up their waitlists right now. Most schools send out another batch of acceptances around May 15 or so I've heard. For those of you who were waitlisted and accepted this application cycle or in previous application cycles, how did each school notify you of your acceptance (phone, e-mail, snail-mail)?

I know that individual schools do things differently, so if you don't mind posting the school name and the method they used to contact you (phone call from the dean, e-mail message, acceptance packet in the mail), I think it would be really useful to let everyone else know what to look forward to. Thanx!

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
Well it's May and I figure schools are drawing up their waitlists right now. Most schools send out another batch of acceptances around May 15 or so I've heard. For those of you who were waitlisted and accepted this application cycle or in previous application cycles, how did each school notify you of your acceptance (phone, e-mail, snail-mail)?

I know that individual schools do things differently, so if you don't mind posting the school name and the method they used to contact you (phone call from the dean, e-mail message, acceptance packet in the mail), I think it would be really useful to let everyone else know what to look forward to.
Last year for UToledo I was called, but this was early July so they might have had a different method for earlier in the season.

ZagDoc

Ears, Noses, and Throats
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
May 19th - West Virginia - Snail-Mail Letter.
June 6th - OHSU - Snail-Mail Letter.
June 15th - Georgetown - Snail-Mail Letter.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Orange, CA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
June 16th - UCI - Phone call

hippocraticoath

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
Northern Virginia
Status
Pre-Medical

I have a question for those of you who got the call - do you think the medical schools would leave a message on your phone if they couldn't reach you, or would they instantly call up the next person on their list?

Cardiac

Full of Love
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
June 32nd - Princeton Med - Carrier Pigeon

mdgator

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I have a question for those of you who got the call - do you think the medical schools would leave a message on your phone if they couldn't reach you, or would they instantly call up the next person on their list?
I don't think they'd immediately go to the next person. They'd leave a message and/or continue to try to reach you for a certain period of time...probably 24 hours. If it's Friday, they may give it until Monday.

OP
Margaux1985

Margaux1985

0k member
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2008
The great plains of NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
Thought I should bump this up again. A lot of people on the forum seem to be wondering how each school contact them for acceptance off the waitlist.

OP
Margaux1985

Margaux1985

0k member
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2008
The great plains of NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
Snail mail from Arkansas. Best mail I've ever gotten by a long shot.

Congrats! I've noticed that you've been waiting to hear back from Arkansas for quite some time now. It must have been excruciating to wait that long without an interview from any of the other schools. I knew you deserved it so much. Here's to getting in :thumbup:

Textuality

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Penn notified me via phone call. :)