How will a W affect me after i've already been accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggyd0c

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm in a dilemma. i have already been accepted to a good school that i really like, but i'm still waiting to see if i get any interviews from other places. one of the places specifically is USC, because my parents live in LA.

USC has their molecular biology requirement which i have not taken yet. i could take it this upcoming semester, but it would be inconvenient because my current lease is up in march and ideally i would like to move out of here before june.

so my concern is, what if i start taking this class, and then one day after the withdrawal period ends i get a rejection letter from USC? if i withdraw from the class to move, will that W on my final transcript revoke my acceptance at the other school?

i don't know what to do about this :(

Members don't see this ad.

Your acceptance from the school should have a clause amounting to the effect of, "conditional upon succesful completion of necessary coursework." If this school does not require molecular biology, you can probably get away with a W in it (I'm assuming you've already gotten your degree taken care of). See if you can tactfully ask the question to the school that has accepted you, without explaining that you're curious because you're trying to get into another med school.

No, it will not negatively impact you or your currenct acceptances.

Your acceptance from the school should have a clause amounting to the effect of, "conditional upon succesful completion of necessary coursework." If this school does not require molecular biology, you can probably get away with a W in it (I'm assuming you've already gotten your degree taken care of). See if you can tactfully ask the question to the school that has accepted you, without explaining that you're curious because you're trying to get into another med school.

yeah i was trying to think of a way to ask them but couldn't think of anything good.