Medical How will my upward trend be viewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My gpa at the end of my sophomore year was 2.81, I had to work and pay bills because my dad was bed ridden due to heart surgery. I am socioeconomically disadvantaged and was even more so at the time, so I worked to help with the bills. After that summer I retook (physics 1 and 2)and got As. I have done consistently better in the upper course bio classes (A&P, Biochem, Molecular, etc.) and got straight A's. My GPA is now currently a 3.49. My extracurriculars are good, and I am expecting around a 510 for my MCAT god willing. What are walls thoughts on my chances? Thanks
That is a great upward trend. As I think you know, it all is going to depend on that MCAT. If your score does wind up being in the 510ish range, then please include some DO schools in your list since your overall GPA is still on the low side for MD schools..

Members don't see this ad.

Upward trends are always good.

You're a very good daughter, too.

But the next time there is an emergency, just withdraw. W's are not Fs! They're given for a reason, and it's better to tackle college when you're at your best instead of trying to bulldoze your way through when you're distracted and/or overstretched.

Status
Not open for further replies.