1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

how will the delays affect the application process?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Milhouse Van Houten, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

will the delay of ALL the applications, including the inevitable delays that are coming (look out, it's too late for optimism) affect how med schools make their decisions? they had enough trouble without delays, how is this going to change things?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Good question, no straight answer.... The applicants this year are the guinea pigs of this whole charrade !!!

So much for turning things early...doesn't seem to apply for this year's applicants....

4. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

isn't this whole thing ridiculous? i can't believe how incompetent and slow these AMCAS people are. the way it looks right now, even the med school adcomms are going to be pissed at AMCAS. lord knows they don't want extra hassles in this whole process. funny how, in trying to improve the efficiency of the whole process, AMCAS ended up creating more work from the applicants, adcomms, and AMCAS itself!!!

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

5. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

Is it reasonable to assume that, in submitting the apps three weeks late, it would push back everything else by just three weeks? If that's the only ill effect (but probably won't be :( ), then perhaps we'll have the advantage of a longer interview window.

6. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm very very nervous to submit my application online tomorrow. In fact, I may wait a couple of days just to see if there are any horribly, freakish accidents that occur at their website.

good luck,

later