bonvivant07

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know only a few schools take the GRE. But how do you think the new GRE will be looked on compared to the standards set by the POD schools that accepts them. I have looked at the new GRE and it is a lot tougher than the old GRE version!

(ex: some math questions you have to enter a value so there is no Multiple choices and some questions can have more than one answer and you must choose all of them to get the answer correct!)

IMO, I see the average going down until a few years later when established strategies come about to effectively study for the new GRE format.

Sep 1, 2010
Status
http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/require.asp

Unless the AACPM site is incorrect, it looks like only Temple still accepts the GRE. If I had to guess, I would say that soon enough, only the MCAT will be accepted anywhere.

The whole field of podiatric medicine is migrating towards DO/MD, and the MCAT is becoming the standard for podiatry schools as well.

If you have a choice, take the MCAT as it will be accepted at 9/9 schools, instead of 1/9. Good luck!

Sep 2, 2010
Status
Podiatry Student
http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/require.asp

Unless the AACPM site is incorrect, it looks like only Temple still accepts the GRE. If I had to guess, I would say that soon enough, only the MCAT will be accepted anywhere.

The whole field of podiatric medicine is migrating towards DO/MD, and the MCAT is becoming the standard for podiatry schools as well.

If you have a choice, take the MCAT as it will be accepted at 9/9 schools, instead of 1/9. Good luck!
I talked to temple and this year is the last they will be accepting GRE and DAT. Next year only MCAT.

Jul 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
- Now if only NYCPM would jump on board and make it MCAT only - this issue about accepting/not accepting DAT/GRE would be over!

air bud

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
Land of the free
Status
Attending Physician
we were told by an important person who is aware of the REAL admission policies at ALL the schools that currently(spring last year) only 3 of the 9 have very strict limitations on the tests they accept. Even though they say no DAT/GRE, it is often no absolute. Just like "oh, we only accept a minimum score of X on the MCAT." Trust me, they will have no problem finding a reason to take the person with X-1 MCAT if they really want to/need the money.