All Branch Topic (ABT) How will Trump administration affect HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rogerpc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

HPSP is not a Department of Defense mandate, it is mandated in law (U.S. Code Title 10, Subtitle A, Part III, Chapter 105, Subchapter I). Unless Congress changes the law, the President has no influence on the program.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In all likelihood- nothing. Remember, Republicans historically are more military friendly for funding than Democrats. So, it is unlikely the incoming administration will decrease numbers - only increase. Trump already has said he wants to boost the Navy fleet. So, I anticipate the same for the other branches.

Reactions: 1 user
Will there be more spots open in the military with trumps emphasis on dod spending? I have heard from some friends that all dental corps are restructuring so less officers but more contractors. Will trumps pledge to increase funding open up more officer positions

No one knows yet as the budget hasn't been passed yet. That said if you're not willing to move around to less than desirable areas the military may not be for you.

No one knows yet as the budget hasn't been passed yet. That said if you're not willing to move around to less than desirable areas the military may not be for you.
Remember this - less than desirable is in the eye of the beholder. I'm in a location many hate. I'm loving it!

The idea that we "have to start winning wars again" will likely increase the probability of deployment..