How would I get one of these pharm jobs and what would they entail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsinccom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still pre-pharm but I wonder if those more experienced than myself could tell me what what the following PharmD jobse would be like:working at an outpatient pharmacy at a hospital, or a pharmacy at a primary care clinic, or an independent (non-Wal-Mart, non-Walgreens) pharmacy would be like? Although I do not know the details these sound like ideal jobs to me. Would I need a residency to get these jobs and if so which ones would you recommend, and how hard are they to obtain?

Members don't see this ad.

gsinccom said:
I am still pre-pharm but I wonder if those more experienced than myself could tell me what what the following PharmD jobse would be like:working at an outpatient pharmacy at a hospital, or a pharmacy at a primary care clinic, or an independent (non-Wal-Mart, non-Walgreens) pharmacy would be like? Although I do not know the details these sound like ideal jobs to me. Would I need a residency to get these jobs and if so which ones would you recommend, and how hard are they to obtain?

Are you talking about working as a pharm tech at Walgreens?

gsinccom said:
I am still pre-pharm but I wonder if those more experienced than myself could tell me what the following PharmD jobs would be like:working at an outpatient pharmacy at a hospital, or a pharmacy at a primary care clinic, or an independent (non-Wal-Mart, non-Walgreens) pharmacy would be like? Although I do not know the details these sound like ideal jobs to me. Would I need a residency to get these jobs and if so which ones would you recommend, and how hard are they to obtain?

I am talking about working as a pharmacist in one of the above settings. Anyone have any help to offer? Thanks again.

gsinccom said:

Oh ok, I think I see what you're asking. The best way to get an idea would be to go ask the pharmacist at one of those places if you could do a job shadow for a day or two. Its not much, but you can get the general idea of what they do.