How would one make over $500K with the future health reform?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no he is labeling ppl who make over 250K as "rich".250K is NOT rich...
:thumbdown:
250k is rich for most parts of the country, but just because the income tax % for that bracket is, IMO, too high, that doesn't mean Obama is focusing on that segment of the population. Did you pay attention to what he was saying during the negotiation around the new budget? He emphasized closing corporate and elite-rich tax loopholes, not on raising taxes on the less-rich rich.

Members don't see this ad.

I have good business skills, I established 2 successful businesses by the age of 13. A lot of people told me I was "born for business" or a "Business orientated' person. I think that if I worked hard enough I could do quite well in the business field, but that's not the lifestyle I want. Plus a bunch of other reasons. You really can't "assume"/"guess" what would happen to people if they took the business route when you know nothing about them, esp. their business background.

Yeah? Successful? Define successful to me. I'm going to assume since you're sitting on SDN right now instead of managing these businesses that you've started, they aren't that wildly successful.

And even if you really did start two successful businesses, which I'm heavily skeptical of, what does that matter? The fact of the matter is, most of us on here couldn't hack it as successful businessmen/women. By successful, I mean earning deep into 6 figures. I think it'd be fair to say that most business people hit low to mid 100k salaries by the ends of their careers. If you guys really think it's easy to make $250,000 a year in business, you're delusional.

Yeah? Successful? Define successful to me. I'm going to assume since you're sitting on SDN right now instead of managing these businesses that you've started, they aren't that wildly successful.

And even if you really did start two successful businesses, which I'm heavily skeptical of, what does that matter? The fact of the matter is, most of us on here couldn't hack it as successful businessmen/women. By
successful, I mean earning deep into 6 figures. I think it'd be fair to say that most business people hit low to mid 100k salaries by the ends of their careers. If you guys really think it's easy to make $250,000 a year in business, you're delusional.

You could start your own company and sell it for millions (provided that it is successful).

I wasn't aware that doctors even earned that much.