How would you rank these if interested in Cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaxInterna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(1) Boston U
(2) Tufts
(3) Baylor
(4) Case Western Reserve
(5) Thomas Jefferson

Feedback is very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

PaxInterna said:
(1) Boston U
(2) Tufts
(3) Baylor
(4) Case Western Reserve
(5) Thomas Jefferson

Feedback is very much appreciated!

i haven't seen TJ. i would think

Case Western
Baylor - i didn't like the year long calls
Tufts

I would think that Baylor and Case would be at the top of your list?

Members don't see this ad :)
coldfeet said:
I would think that Baylor and Case would be at the top of your list?

wasn't Case having some recent problems in the Cards department? (not long term or anything, just in a "re-building" phase) ....

also, what's wrong with B.U. for Cards? their fellowship placement seemend real strong to me.

Didn't interview at Baylor but this is based ONLY on cards ...

Case v. Baylor for top spots
Tufts v. Boston for next 2
Thomas Jefferson

Case is re-building but still has big names and a VERY supportive PD. Question of which culture (Baylor v. Case) and location you like better.

Boston does have great matching and if you prefer a big Northeast city then may go above the other 2 along with Tufts. Tufts also has an excellent cards dept. Significant differences between the 2 programs though, most obviously in terms of size and workload.

Thomas Jefferson has good fellowship placement but I don't think they compare as well to the other 4. However, again, if you like the big city, Philadelphia is great.

I didn't interview at Case, but I would think that their best residents would have an inside track at Cleveland Clinic.

Thank you guys for the feedback. I am actually thinking of ranking Baylor 1, then case, tufts, BU, and finally TJ. My issue is 1) A lot of crap is being thrown around about how Baylor is losing faculty to Methodist, lately the defection of 11 Cardiologists to Methodist...2) CASE is great and I really like their program, however, I am not happy with their fellowship matching being stuck to the Midwest. 3) Tuft's cardiology is strong, but I have a problem with a 1 hospital system....BU is just not my style (too malignant for my taste). As you may gather I am very confused and I need to do some soul searching. If anyone here is from Baylor or knows about what's happening there, feedback will be super.

coldfeet said:
I didn't interview at Case, but I would think that their best residents would have an inside track at Cleveland Clinic.

They actually matched 1 guy there last year...