How would you start VERY early to improve as a radiologist?

MikeyBee

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hello!

I searched a lot of topics before deciding to post, but I feel that my context and my reasons are quite uncommon and probably I would benefit a lot from some specific opinions.

On the long-run, I would like to work in the field of teleradiology to benefit from working anywhere in the world in order to be able to accomplish some goals outside medicine.

I will begin the third year of medical school out of six in october.
Basically, my medical school (I am from Eastern Europe) demands almost nothing from me and , even if I completely freak out the remaining 4 years of medical school , I will still get a medical licence and I will match in a radiology residency.

My questions is:

I am 100% sure that I will do radiology for the rest of my life and I want to be relatively at the top of this field. Would you advise me to dive deep into radiology or learn as good as I can the general curriculum of medical school (biochemistry, genetics, physiology, pathology, all clinical specialities etc.) ?
I can't understand why detailed biochemistry would be important for a radiologist, but I want to make sure that I am not missing something because I am quite inexperienced.
Maybe someone can give me an overview about what a radiologist should know?

I'm not sure if I emphasized enough the fact that I want to do 100% radiology and I want to use the following 4 years where I will do nothing at my medical school just to increase my chances to be a top radiologist.

I appreciate every comment!

... and I apologize for any mistake, I am not a native speaker and I feel like there are some mistakes hidden for my naive English-writing skills.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.