Howard - Anyone get in yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasGuy41

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Has anyone been accepted to Howard yet? If so, would you mind posting your stats and saying when you interviewed? Mine are
3.2 gpa, 3.1 science, 28s mcat (10V, 10B, 8P).

Members don't see this ad.

did U get in?? if yes...when was ur interview? if no...then we're on the same boat...playing the wait-n-keep-calling game with the admissions office....... ..... ... .. . . . .

I interviewed in early October

I'm a nontrad app...had kids during undergrad...

stats are 3.0 gpa , science was 2.something, 29 mcat (11V, 10B, 8P)

IOE, hang in there...I feel your pain and I'm rootin' for ya :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
No,
I haven't even interviewed yet. I'd love to send them additional materials about what I'm up to since completion of my secondary but that card they sent specifically requests not to do this. Any advice Howard people?

for some reason i keep hearing stories of people with low stats getting in howard... gives me some hope.. anyone know any other schools like howard? damn im desperate

for some reason i keep hearing stories of people with low stats getting in howard... gives me some hope..

yeah, you have to remember Howard has a lower gpa cutoff than other schools. And more importantly, they don't just look at your stats when they assess your application. While my stats were low, everything else was good...good LORs, demonstrated overcoming adversity, committment to primary care and serving URM populations, decent MCAT score, worked as a research assistant, went to a good undergrad school (and if I hadn't had kids and worked 20 hrs/wk, my gpa definitely would have been better). So if all the other aspects of your application are tight, schools can overlook the GPA as long as you let them know you'll improve those areas that kept your GPA down so that trend doesn't occur in med school.

Good luck!!

Originally posted by one love
good LORs, demonstrated overcoming adversity, committment to primary care and serving URM populations, decent MCAT score, worked as a research assistant, went to a good undergrad school (and if I hadn't had kids and worked 20 hrs/wk, my gpa definitely would have been better). So if all the other aspects of your application are tight, schools can overlook the GPA as long as you let them know you'll improve those areas that kept your GPA down so that trend doesn't occur in med school.

This is the type of accomplishment that requires a HIGH 5!!! You will definitely make your dream. Hang in there and God Bless!!!

:clap:

Guess what???

naah

Guess again!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...................TODAY is Friday!! and Thank god for fridays!!!!!!!

I received the big white envelope from Howard Today!!!! My brother got into Albany Today too!!!! I'm in the mood for a party!! u know what......I'm out......its time to hit DC!

by the way....my stats : 6v (yes...a 6! eng. is not my 1st language though) 11P, and 09B WS: M

received the secondary on the 25 of september........interviewed on the 22 of october........received the acceptance letter TODAY (01/24).........wish u all the best.....hope to see some of you next august!

I sure would have loved to have a classmate like Onle Love......but...oh well......

oh...forgot the GPA----> 4.0 Univ of MD (B.Sc. biology)

P-e-A-c-E!!

Congrats IOE!

Nice to know that Howard actually ACCEPTS people. I was starting to get worried.

I have an interview there in mid Feb (got the invite the same time as the secondary), and I really hope that I hear back from UCONN before then so I don't have to make the day long trip to DC.

C.

Originally posted by IOE
oh...forgot the GPA----> 4.0 Univ of MD (B.Sc. biology)

P-e-A-c-E!!

FOUR POINT O

YOU ROCK!!! CONGRATS!!

:clap:

Congradulations and a 4.0 too? That's TREMENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad you guys have an interest in Howard. It's a great school and the students we have here are very nice. Everyone in the college of medicine is out to make sure every person gets through. I am a first year at Howard and I hope to see some of you guys here come late August.

Side note: although Howard has lower numbers don't let that fool you if you have the average or higher. The school will not accept a person with super high numbers if he/she does not demonstrate compassion and a willingness to help the community. Hope everyone here is into Howard for its mission to serve and not because they think it's easier to get into.

Peace

Originally posted by medicine2006

Side note: although Howard has lower numbers don't let that fool you if you have the average or higher. The school will not accept a person with super high numbers if he/she does not demonstrate compassion and a willingness to help the community. Hope everyone here is into Howard for its mission to serve and not because they think it's easier to get into.
Peace

When I was a grad student at Carolina, I met a surgical resident and dental resident from Howard. Hands down, there are both the smartest people I know, so you don't have to convince me. And I do live in the DC area.....................................

Originally posted by IOE
Guess what???

naah

Guess again!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...................TODAY is Friday!! and Thank god for fridays!!!!!!!

I received the big white envelope from Howard Today!!!! My brother got into Albany Today too!!!! I'm in the mood for a party!! u know what......I'm out......its time to hit DC!

by the way....my stats : 6v (yes...a 6! eng. is not my 1st language though) 11P, and 09B WS: M

received the secondary on the 25 of september........interviewed on the 22 of october........received the acceptance letter TODAY (01/24).........wish u all the best.....hope to see some of you next august!

I sure would have loved to have a classmate like Onle Love......but...oh well......

WOW, Finally!!!!!!!!! :clap: I know how much you've been waiting, what a big coincidence about ur bro too, a sweet day, can i be in your family, maybe I could get maybe 1 interview :(

WOOOO HOOOO!!! YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!

IOE, I'm so happy for you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

After all these long months of waiting, feels good doesn't it? :D

4.0, 11P...I'm very impressed. Very impressed.

Yeah, it would have been nice to be classmates but maybe we'll meet up somewhere along our careers. Considering NY for your residency?? :)