Howard... has anyone been rejected!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoingDaDistance

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been flat out "rejected" by Howard? I got this email recently and I am wondering if this is a nice way of saying i have no chance, or if I should still believe I actually gotta shot... :rolleyes:

What's your guys' take on it!?!?
-------------------------------------------------

RE: NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION REVIEW
Dear Applicant:
Thank you for applying to Howard University College of Medicine.
I am writing to inform you that we have received and reviewed your AMCAS application and your secondary application. Secondary applications were reviewed on a rolling basis when they were received.
We are completing our final interview days, and we expect to continue interviewing through the end of April, but no later than mid-May.
If it is decided to invited you for an interview with one of our Admissions Committee members, we will inform you of available dates by email. However, due to the large volume of applications, if we are not able to invite you to the College of Medicine for an interview, you will receive no further correspondence from our office regarding interim status.
Please do not contact the Office of Admissions to request an interview.
Applicants who have completed the application process, and who have not received an invitation to interview by May 15 should receive final written notification via US mail in mid-June.
Again, we thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine.
Sincerely,

Judith Walk
Director of Admissions
Howard University College of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been flat out "rejected" by Howard? I got this email recently and I am wondering if this is a nice way of saying i have no chance, or if I should still believe I actually gotta shot... :rolleyes:

What's your guys' take on it!?!?
-------------------------------------------------

RE: NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION REVIEW
Dear Applicant:
Thank you for applying to Howard University College of Medicine.
I am writing to inform you that we have received and reviewed your AMCAS application and your secondary application. Secondary applications were reviewed on a rolling basis when they were received.
We are completing our final interview days, and we expect to continue interviewing through the end of April, but no later than mid-May.
If it is decided to invited you for an interview with one of our Admissions Committee members, we will inform you of available dates by email. However, due to the large volume of applications, if we are not able to invite you to the College of Medicine for an interview, you will receive no further correspondence from our office regarding interim status.
Please do not contact the Office of Admissions to request an interview.
Applicants who have completed the application process, and who have not received an invitation to interview by May 15 should receive final written notification via US mail in mid-June.
Again, we thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine.
Sincerely,

Judith Walk
Director of Admissions
Howard University College of Medicine

Since it's the end of March, this likely means that between now and May 15th, you might be offered an interview. After May 15th it is doubtful that you will receive an invitation as interviews are going not much later than mid-May.

In general, people who are in the later accepted group have been invited to interview by May 15th. It looks like they are trying to wrap up the invitations by at least May 15 and send rejection letters beginning in mid-June.

Howard does accept up to the start of classes if necessary as long as there are unfilled seats in the class. There are usually plenty of people on the list that are ready to receive those late calls if interviews are done mid-May.

...Thanks for the reply njbmd, I hope I am one the lucky ones that gets an interview in the next couple weeks...

Are you a med student njbmd? Or are you another unlucky applicant like myself? :D

any affiliation with Howard?

...Thanks for the reply njbmd, I hope I am one the lucky ones that gets an interview in the next couple weeks...

Are you a med student njbmd? Or are you another unlucky applicant like myself? :D

any affiliation with Howard?

Alum