Howard Hughes Research Scholar NIH/Cloister

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stillmaticbeat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to start a thread for people who were applying to the Howard Hughes program at the NIH this year. The deadline is coming up soon - Jan 10 - and I assume we'll be getting interviews at some point. Lets keep each other updated and maybe we can meet up with each other...if we get in.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm very interested in how this process goes... I'm hoping to apply after next year. I don't know if they have a problem with DO's, though.

I'm very interested in how this process goes... I'm hoping to apply after next year. I don't know if they have a problem with DO's, though.

Is this program for after 2nd year or only after 3rd year?

Members don't see this ad :)
it's between your 2nd and 3rd year, 3rd and 4th year, and some do it after 4th year (rare). this thread is for the cloister program that accepts 42 applicants to live 1 year ON the nih campus.

it's between your 2nd and 3rd year, 3rd and 4th year, and some do it after 4th year (rare). this thread is for the cloister program that accepts 42 applicants to live 1 year ON the nih campus.

Cool, I checked the program's website out. Sounds interesting.

For students who get accepted and do the program between 2nd and 3rd year, are they required to finish the Step 1 exam before starting this program? Does that depend on school to school?

I don't believe they look for or ask for board scores of any kind