Howard, Meherry, Morehouse?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elee20

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone recieve secondaries yet from these schools? Or do you know when they generally send them out?

Members don't see this ad.

all the HBCU's are late with their stuff.. not that it's a bad thing..but don't hold your breath.. my friend had her interview at Howard on the Wednesday before my April MCAT.. so like on April 14.. and that is after a lot of other schools have already sent acceptances... they also tend to have much later deadlines..like in february and such..so don't sweat it.. :) :thumbup: :luck:

LRmed2003 said:
all the HBCU's are late with their stuff.. not that it's a bad thing..but don't hold your breath.. my friend had her interview at Howard on the Wednesday before my April MCAT.. so like on April 14.. and that is after a lot of other schools have already sent acceptances... they also tend to have much later deadlines..like in february and such..so don't sweat it.. :) :thumbup: :luck:

That's what I figured. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
LRmed2003, do you mean to tell me that almost a year after applying is when your friend had an interview with Howard? OOoooh my goodness that is so rediculous. :rolleyes: I have heard some really insane things regarding some of the HBCU's even though I really want to think that they were isolated incidents. well I haven't really decided yet if I will apply to any of those schools but I was thinking about applying to Howard and Meharry. well I guess with this process you have to have alooooooot of patience, so hang in there guys, those 2ndaries will be rolling in soon!! :thumbup:

What do you think is the best school out of the three?

I am applying to Howard and Morehouse. I really hope that the rumors of their lackadaisical administrative tendencies don't prove to be true this cycle. :rolleyes:

NubianPrincess said:
I am applying to Howard and Morehouse. I really hope that the rumors of their lackadaisical administrative tendencies don't prove to be true this cycle. :rolleyes:

LOL, yeah right! However, I did get a good impression of Howard at the interview.

BSChemE said:
What do you think is the best school out of the three?

Don't forget that Drew is an HBC as well. It is just connected to UCLA. But in my opinion the best are:
1. Drew-------Family Orientated, made me feel welcomed at interview
2. Meharry------very nice school, I love their faculty
3. Morehouse----very nice people and staff.
4. Howard------Believe everything you heard of this rotten school, to this day I haven't heard from them since they took my secondary money. Peice of crap school. I would rank them dead last of all medical schools.

verbalassasin said:
Don't forget that Drew is an HBC as well. It is just connected to UCLA. But in my opinion the best are:
4. Howard------Believe everything you heard of this rotten school, to this day I haven't heard from them since they took my secondary money. Peice of crap school. I would rank them dead last of all medical schools.
I thought that Drew was actually a URM school. I did not know that it was an HBC. Do they accept many out of staters?

verbalassasin said:
That was funny.

After this application process is over, any school that didn't interview/accept me will be a piece of crap.

:laugh: I second the crummy comments about Howard. Veeeeery sketchy.

Had no idea that Drew served under-represented communities. The things that you learn on this board..... :thumbup:

IndyZX said:
That was funny.

After this application process is over, any school that didn't interview/accept me will be a piece of crap.
It's not that because they didn't interview me, it's that they didn't get back to me. At least send out that final decision letter or return my phone calls, emails, give me some damn information on how my application is proceeding. And yes it is a piece of crap school.

Drew is an HBC its just because the community it is in now has mixed between hispanic and black that they are considered a URM. They accept out of state but not many. They only have room for 24 students.

verbalassasin said:
It's not that because they didn't interview me, it's that they didn't get back to me. At least send out that final decision letter or return my phone calls, emails, give me some damn information on how my application is proceeding. And yes it is a piece of crap school.

Drew is an HBC its just because the community it is in now has mixed between hispanic and black that they are considered a URM. They accept out of state but not many. They only have room for 24 students.

hehe, i 2nd that!! I'm a reapplicant, last yr after turning secondary in Jan, nothin from them till Sep :D rejection
and then my dumb behind wasted money and applied there this yr, never heard back from them, thank goodness!

That's a shame. Maybe things will change this cycle. Then again maybe not