Howard School of Pharmacy C/O 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys,
i got a financial award letter today. they only awarded me 20k in fed sub/unsub loans. basically enough to cover tuition and fees.
the remainding 20k i have to find in grad plus/private loans.:(
i am sure this is because i work a full time 40hr job that pays pretty decent.

It sounds like you were admitted as an undergraduate. Do you have more than credit 90 hours? That's messed up.

Members don't see this ad.

i have a BS degree. i think i will follow up w/ the fin aid office though to make sure something did not get messed up in my files.
thanks for that info!

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all I want to thank everyone that has been posting, it has been a great help. So what is the total amount of moneys that we can get per year from loans, generally?

Greetings to my HUSOP future classmates....Class of 2012 :cool:

Fortunately, I attended Howard University as an undergrad (pre-pharmacy). So if anyone has any questions or concerns about D.C., feel free to ask me and if anyone will be in the area looking for housing, going to the A building (you'll know what I mean when you get here), etc...I would be available to assist. ;) :thumbup:

I currently am on campus staying for the summer in the West Towers, but will be living in the East Towers (Howard Plaza Towers East), a dorm for graduate, professional, and honors student, once the our hectic schedule begins.:eek: I am open to rooming with anyone that will stay in the East Towers. From the looks of it most of you all are looking off-campus...DC is not cheap :thumbdown:!!!

Make sure you guys send a professional passport picture for the class yearbook and your lab coat size to Mrs. Fowlkes!!! (Very nice lady...I've known her for more than 4 yrs)....I'm sure everyone received the email.
(Also your health records, Howard don't play)

I just joined the facebook group recently....I like that better....msg me..(Chibu)

Hi,

Is this tread still active. I would like to join for networking purposes, in hopes of apply to HU's School of Pharmacy. I'm pre-pharm right now... taking the prereqs at a junior college in Northern Virginia. I have lived in DC since the early 80's.

Question: Was it difficult to get accepted into Howard's pharmacy program?

Please help.

Thanks!

Did you have to submit a criminal background check to get into Howard University? I have a charge; but no Conviction. I just need to know if I need to go and get it.
Thank you.