Howard U. admissions??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IOE

forever DUBwise!!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.....just wondering are there any applicants out there who have already recieved admission letters to howard univ.?? I was interviewed about a month ago...but up till now I have heard nothing....I really hate this waiting.....i will never ever go through this process again! also...anybody heard anything from albany?

Members don't see this ad.

Dean Cannon was out of town for awhile so the admissions committee did not meet to make decisions for a couple weeks.

strangely enough, even though I interviewed at Howard in early October, they sent me the secondary again this week
:confused: they're not too organized in that office

I heard from albany two weeks ago and was waitlisted...

the worst part is that we get to go through all this ish again in another 4 years to get our residencies :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it's hilarious!

I just received my 3rd, count it, 3rd secondary application package from Howard yesterday. When I called like 3 weeks ago, they said that my application had been complete since the first week in October. This definately raises some red warning flags as to organization and potential future student affairs advocacy. We'll see when I end up receiving an interview request-if I do, of course! Right now, however, not too impressed:rolleyes:

~JZ

Originally posted by GuesswhozBizzak
Yeah, it's hilarious!

I just received my 3rd, count it, 3rd secondary application package from Howard yesterday. When I called like 3 weeks ago, they said that my application had been complete since the first week in October. This definately raises some red warning flags as to organization and potential future student affairs advocacy. We'll see when I end up receiving an interview request-if I do, of course! Right now, however, not too impressed:rolleyes:

~JZ

issues i tell u, and I've been asking them to send me just one :mad:
Tired of callin their office and someone havin an attitude, tellin me they're just mailing them, and to check my mailbox. Same thing, 3weeks in a row!!
In past 2 yrs, 2 friends received acceptance letters from the dental and med schls, before they received letters for interviews!!! They got it twisted
Str8 triflin +pissed+

A friend told me Howard's organizational skills are non-existent, but I didn't think it was THIS bad. I haven't received a secondary yet - maybe they sent mine to GuesswhozBizzak or one love. I think I will give them a call on Thursday, the day of the week I have dedicated to dealing with medschool foolishness.

C.

Originally posted by Chieka
A friend told me Howard's organizational skills are non-existent, but I didn't think it was THIS bad. I haven't received a secondary yet - maybe they sent mine to GuesswhozBizzak or one love. I think I will give them a call on Thursday, the day of the week I have dedicated to dealing with medschool foolishness.

C.

I c ur in Canada, well Thursday is a holiday here in the US!!! They also might hardly be there Friday, if you're calling, try 2day or tomorrow!!!

The WAITING IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+pissed+
+pissed+
+pissed+
+pissed+
+pissed+

Don't bother calling them......its of no use.....the best way to go is to email the admission officer.....she's really nice and replies in no time (no time in Howard means a week or two)

Originally posted by IOE
Don't bother calling them......its of no use.....the best way to go is to email the admission officer.....she's really nice and replies in no time (no time in Howard means a week or two)

hey can i pls have the email address :)

disorganization is apparently not a new thing for howard - a friend of mine applied two years ago, never heard anything after submitting his secondary, then got a letter in the mail in med-september asking him to circle on the letter whether he had been accepted or rejected and send it back to them!! I am not making this up.

I just received my 3rd, count it, 3rd secondary application package from Howard yesterday. When I called like 3 weeks ago, they said that my application had been complete since the first week in October.

this is strange........I recieved my secondary and the interview invitation in the same letter.....and was interviewed a week after I got them......oh well

Originally posted by IOE
this is strange........I recieved my secondary and the interview invitation in the same letter.....and was interviewed a week after I got them......oh well

Can I pls have the kind admissions lady's email ? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
[email protected] - Ann Finney

Now, I don't know if that's the admissions officer that IOE was talking about, but she's the one who signs her name on the interview invitation letters.

yeppp...she's the one

thanks 4 the email!!! :)

Ok, I talked to Ms. Finney and she said that secondary's were mailed out to only those people who applied in June, July and Aug. But I have heard of people who had secondary's mailed to them who applied in Sept. She said that the secondary's were at the printer. I am worried that this is a line because I was told that several weeks ago when I called. Has anyone heard this before? Does anyone have some info on this? What can be done?

Originally posted by F/A-18
Ok, I talked to Ms. Finney and she said that secondary's were mailed out to only those people who applied in June, July and Aug. But I have heard of people who had secondary's mailed to them who applied in Sept. She said that the secondary's were at the printer. I am worried that this is a line because I was told that several weeks ago when I called. Has anyone heard this before? Does anyone have some info on this? What can be done?

I applied in Sep :( why cant howard just have them online, so we can print and mail it, save themselves some money!!

I just received my secondary on tuesday, and I applied in July.

Is Howard's secondary automatic?

by the way....I called them in september and they said that the secondary would be sent in a couple weeks....then I called in October and they said that the secondary would be sent in a couple weeks!

Yeah they are kinda slow. They have to print out the applications. I applied in June and didn't get a secondary from them until a few weeks ago.:rolleyes:

You'd kind of think they would have printed the secondary's during their down months. I mean they have been doing the application thing for years they kind of have a rough estimate of how many apps they get per year. But I guess Howard is so disorganized that they never get any down time to do these maintaince things.

She said that the secondary's were at the printer.

I hear a huge sucking sound coming from that printer....sounds like a vacuum. Or maybe someone brought their dog to work and the dog ate it. Or better yet, maybe a previously scheduled monsoon came through and blew the secondaries across the street?

You can only laff about it, I guess...

Hi, everyone...I am new to SDN, but I feel your pain. I applied in October and my boyfriend applied in September, and we both have yet to receive a secondary from Howard. I read in the Princeton Review Book of Medical Schools that everyone receives a secondary. What is the deal?

But there is hope because I know people that were interviewing in June/July and still got accepted. Let me know your take on this subject.

Originally posted by cocoabutter
Hi, everyone...I am new to SDN, but I feel your pain. I applied in October and my boyfriend applied in September, and we both have yet to receive a secondary from Howard. I read in the Princeton Review Book of Medical Schools that everyone receives a secondary. What is the deal?

But there is hope because I know people that were interviewing in June/July and still got accepted. Let me know your take on this subject.

Yeah I applied in Sep, tired of callin their office and getting same BS answer, "We're sending it, everyone should get it"
They r so not organized its not even close to funny:mad:

and still waiting....and waiting...and...oh no...what?? I have 9 grey hairs growing on my head!! I am getting old...older than dirt....I just wish I'll get to read that letter before the lord takes my soul!!

HOWAD+pissed+ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BUMP IT!!

MAN!!! I haven't received a secondary either. I feel like demanding my moolah back (and getting a letter of rejection instead), cause God knows I'm not going to willingly have anything to do with that school anymore. GRRR!!!

Originally posted by IOE
and still waiting....and waiting...and...oh no...what?? I have 9 grey hairs growing on my head!! I am getting old...older than dirt....I just wish I'll get to read that letter before the lord takes my soul!!

HOWAD+pissed+ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BUMP IT!!

LOL....if you search back into last year's Howard Thread, you will see that this waiting thing is very common.

I think it's better to just put them out of your mind for a while. I suggest calling them every two weeks. I remember I used to call them so often that the lady knew my voice already and would tell me that "No, the committee hasn't made a decision yet"...:laugh:

Yeah, I laugh now but I wasn't laughing then.