napoleondynamite

Keepin' it real yo
10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I read recently that the Howard U. RadOnc residency was placed under probation by the ACGME. Just curious if anyone knows the status on this? I am quite unfamiliar with the proceedings of the ACGME (ie-how long probation lasts, etc). Anyway, trying to decide which programs to apply to, so any help on this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
SF Bay Area
Status
Attending Physician
AFAIK this program is no longer taking new residents. They were on probation and they got the "make or break" audit at the beginning of the year -- didn't turn out very well. They may have a program again in the future, but not for the next several application cycles.

kp99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I heard that their residents went looking for positions elsewhere.

JT Snow

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hello, everyone.
To borrow a line from talk radio shows, I'm a "first-time caller, long-time listener." Thank you to all of you who have provided such wonderful and provocative insight the past year. Does anyone know of the program at University of Colorado? Did anyone have experience interviewing there this year?
Thank you so much.

3dtp

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
midcoast
Status
Attending Physician
JT Snow said:
Hello, everyone.
To borrow a line from talk radio shows, I'm a "first-time caller, long-time listener." Thank you to all of you who have provided such wonderful and provocative insight the past year. Does anyone know of the program at University of Colorado? Did anyone have experience interviewing there this year?
Thank you so much.
Since this is a Howard thread, we probably should create a new one for talking about CU.

Howard...their residents were looking about to see if there was something available.

CU...I don't know about the program per se, but the chair is Laurie Gaspar. She is an outstanding radiation oncologist. I worked with her in the past and very much enjoyed working with her. She was involved in SRS both clinac and GammaKnife based but I'm sure her duties are somewhat different these days. They have a very nice facility. The program itself is relatively new. I think it's worth a look.