Howard University affected by anthrax?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jase133

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/11/13/howard.anthrax/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/11/13/howard.anthrax/index.html</a>

Gawd... this sucks!

Members don't see this ad.

Holy crap! I just got an interview letter from them today!

Hey E'01, When did you send your secondary stuff into Howard?

Members don't see this ad :)
Everything was in august 16th but I got the secondary on 9/19 and mailed it 10 days later. You think i should start taking cipro??

I dunno about that. LOL

I sent my secondary in sometime in October. I was just wondering because I'm still waiting to hear something. I heard that Howard is "ghetto", meaning that they are slow at times.

Good luck on the interview!

Don't laugh Tone, I was serious! Yeah Howard fits into the ghetto category for sure. I think they have one of most uninformative websites and they do seem to be working on CPT time. Thanks for the good luck, but I decided to decline the offer - athough I'm curious to see what the school is like. Plus, I bagged up the letter and I'm sure as heck not looking in there to see what the dates and the rsvp intructions are.

Well, I'm glad that you decline. Maybe that will open up a interview spot for me. I read your list of schools, very impressive.

About cipro??? I guess you could look into it. LOL

Hey Jase133!

Nice to see a fellow Canadian interested in Howard. I applied there too a couple of weeks ago. Are you applying to any other American Schools. Do you have any advice on financing an education in the States?

Hey Veggiegirl

Heh.. no, I'm not interested in Howard. I actually applied to other US schools, but I thought it was kind of scary that anthrax is showing up in the mailing rooms - that's where all OUR mail is coming from! Bad...

Good luck on your apps, VG

Veggiegirl: Sorry, I just realized I didn't answer one of your questions re: financing. I will most likely go to a bank and borrow with leverage help from family.

Called admissions office this morning - the mail they send out from the office does not go through the mailing centers at Howard - they go straight to the post office. Phew! They must of thought I was a ****** cuz I told them that I was afraid to read the letter.

Hey Jase133:

Which other schools have you applied to? Any interviews yet?

VG

For those in Howard limbo...

I got the blue "secondary has been received" card from Howard a few days ago, but my green "app letters have been received" card has been MIA. I called the school and they said that letters of rec can be faxed directly to them from your pre-med advisor's office. Seems to be a bit easier than waiting for the clean-up to be finished.