**Howard University College of Medicine c/o 2011**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HuxtableJr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for some Howard students like everyday, so if you are one, post something!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• LSHSL_3.jpg
    LSHSL_3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 147
Whats up Bro/Sis, I'll be attending Howard next year!..Lets try to make this process less painful as possible by getting to know each other. Have you started thinkin about where you'll be living yet? I'll leave my contact info in ur mailbox...\

Later,

c/o 2011

oh yeah, you'll be makin love to that pretty lil library there once second year iis up!...lolol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there! I'm going to Howard 2011. How's it going? :)

Hey guys,
I am loving this, because I can already feel the class spirit. Let's make the Howard University College of Medicine Class of 2011 a legacy not to be forgotten!!! The fun is soon to start.:D :D :D
All the best

hey guys,
does anyone know where the website of HUCOM's class of 2010 is? maybe we can find someone in the class of 2011 to make a class website for us?

WHats up guys/gals! yeah, A website is a good idea! Has anybody thought about housing yet? Roomies? Financial Aid? ....they just started sendin out FInancial Aid packets, sending mine in pretty soon!

Lets begin the connection: Feel free to leave your email/facebook/IM addresses in my mailbox

congrats to all of you!

I am applying for the 2008 school year and I just wanted some general opinions, impressions of Howard from any of you. I'm interested in the feel of the campus, how up to date everything seems and any other specifics about staff/current students!!! Thanks!

Oh and maybe a match list link?

I've been searching for info on whether Howard has an Masters of Public Health program, but I'm not coming up with anything. Does anyone know about whether they do and if you can obtain an MD/MPH from HUCOM in 5 years?

About the previous Howard question... I've been working at Georgetown University for the last several years in one of their biomedical labs, and all the residents I work with tell me that Howard has an amazing surgery program, so I'm really looking forward to being a part of that. You've got to remember that Howard is also located in Washington, DC- our nations capital. So its location is an important part of making the school an amazing place to be. I've interviewed in Philadelphia and Nashville, and Howard's location in DC made a huge impact on my decision to study there. Also, the school is a bit old, but it has anything any other school has (even preloaded powerpoint presentations into your laptop at the beginning of the semester). Oh, and its students match into competitive programs at a very comparable manner to big state schools like U Maryland.

Hya doin, SumSurgDoc

Yeah, howard does have a MPH/MD program availablle for students...This can be viewed in the catalog (the link below). In fact, rumor has it that several programs like the JD and MBA included with the MD will be implimented very soon. during our matriculation.

http://www.med.howard.edu/lloyd/HUCM_Information_06-07.pdf

Also, you say that you're interested in surgery?..hmmm, are you aware that most surgeons (Im not an expert in this) dont function in manners that allow them to use such a degree like the MPH? Its a degree that usually does not accompany a surgeon's credentials. Just the heads up on that. DOnt waist your time if you dont have to (Im sure we all wish med school could get shorter and shorter)...But if you think you could make time to deliver services and policies to the general public and provide innovative ways to manage health care in a population while doing your surgery, then more power to you; otherwise, you probably wont use it.

Anyways guys, has anyone thought about housing and such? Im just over in Baltimore so I shouldnt have much an issue finding it quickly. (but then again it is DC)

somsurgdoc, if you or anybody has anymore questions that I may be able to answer, hit me up in my mailbox.

Peace

Later

I am attending Howard. Only place I got in. Couldn't be happier. I have no idea where I am going to live. The towers I hope, at least, for the first year. Laptops seem cool. Can't wait to get out of Atlanta.

Congratulations to everyone on your acceptance!!! Come join our class group on facebook... just search Howard University College of Medicine Class of 2011 and join the group... Hope to see you all in July:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump Bump, a guys lets keep the communication open!

Hi classmates. Have anyone started looking for apartments yet? I am going to DC next week during my springbreak to look around.

Congrats to all of you who are accepted! I am a member of the class of 2010 at Howard U. If you need anything or have any questions let me know, I look forward to meeting you all in July…

Here I am Rob!

Hey y'll if anyone is interested....in a house share pls let me know. Rent is ridiculous in DC...and I'm not really sure I want to live in DC!

Most of the houses i've looked at up till now are 4/5 bedrooms. I'll be going back in NEXT MONTH to try and buy something.

(Even though it sounds like a total frustration fest), how about a house full of meds? eh?

Lemme know....:luck:

What up everyone..i was recently accepted to Howard..coming by to show my support!

is it too late at this point to get invited to interview?

hi everyone. i'm probably going to be at howard. yes housing is expensive. the best thing to do seems to buy a condo and rent the extra bedrooms or rent a house with other classmates.

We've been discussing this housing issue on the facebook group. So far...three of us are interested in a house share. Hopefully, we can more.

Hey all,

Will be joining all of you in July!!! Housing is tough, I am trying to find a cheap place through craigs list, but right now I am actually in Omaha,NE (for work) so its hard to look at stuff. Any suggestions?

Congratulations future 1st years. Im a second year going on third year at Howard Med School now. Housing is a crap shoot - A bunch of students live at a complex a few miles from school called The Cloisters - Its pretty nice and they have security, but its expensive. I lived in the Howard Plaza Towers for my first 2 years, but Im looking to move out now. I am actually looking for a roommate for next year. I found a 2 bedroom apartment for rent within walking distance from school. If anyone is interested, just send me a personal message. Also if anyone has any general questions feel free to message me also.

Hey Ladies and Gents,

Just wanted to show some love to my possible future classmates. I have been accepted to other schools, but I just have a really good feeling about Howard. Does anyone know or have a link to the curriculum for Howard. I know someone stated that is was modeled after JHU, but wanted to get more insight (especially from M1 and M2) from current students. Anyway, I looking forward to meeting everyone and being your future colleague. Best of Luck to All!!!

Hey Ladies and Gents,

Just wanted to show some love to my possible future classmates. I have been accepted to other schools, but I just have a really good feeling about Howard. Does anyone know or have a link to the curriculum for Howard. I know someone stated that is was modeled after JHU, but wanted to get more insight (especially from M1 and M2) from current students. Anyway, I looking forward to meeting everyone and being your future colleague. Best of Luck to All!!!

There is a brief overview here I don't think they have much curriculum info for M1 and M2s online.

Hey guys! We are looking for a friendly, outgoing roommate that is willing to live with one girl and two guys. We are currently looking at two places that are in the D.C. Metro area. The first house is walking distance to Howard University Medical / Dental School on First St, NW but the rent would be $810.00 a month. That person would have their own private bathroom and a balcony. The house has a newly renovated kitchen with granite counter tops and black appliances. This townhouse has PLENTY of space. Street parking and a private parking drive way are one of the few amentities of the house. The other house is off of Rhode Island but is 15 min away from Howard University. This house is a single family home that has a large deck and a backyard pond. The kitchen and bathrooms are recently renovated with granite countertops and a sit in shower and jacuzzi. The house is perfect for entertaining and has a wet bar and pool table in the basement as well. The house has 5 bdrs and 3 full baths but the last bedroom would be concerted into an office/ study room. One of the roommates is going to Howard Medical School so car pooling is a possibility. We would perfer a roommate that is either going to grad school in the area or looking to work full time and planing to live in the area for atleast 1 year. If you have any other questions or want to see pics/ view the house please email me. Thanks! [email protected] :)

I'm from California and need a place really close to Howard. loudentl please message me if your place is still available