Howard University & DC residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssa915

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how DC residents are affected by in-state/out-of state quotas? Since we have no state school where are we favored. My guess is Howard, since it seems they take a lot of DC residents, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

ssa915 said:
Does anyone know how DC residents are affected by in-state/out-of state quotas? Since we have no state school where are we favored. My guess is Howard, since it seems they take a lot of DC residents, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Hi there,
Howard is a private medical school and therefore there is no in-state versus out of state. Many of Howard's students reside in the District hence the greater number of DC residents but a good number of Howard's students come from New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida and California. Having a DC address is generally meaningless.
njbmd :)

njbmd said:
Hi there,
Howard is a private medical school and therefore there is no in-state versus out of state. Many of Howard's students reside in the District hence the greater number of DC residents but a good number of Howard's students come from New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida and California. Having a DC address is generally meaningless.
njbmd :)

Any acceptances from Howard? When did you interview?