Howard University DPT Class of 2023 (2019-2020 Cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weslsi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Just making this thread for those who have applied to Howard’s DPT program this cycle :) has anyone heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you been in contact with anyone from admissions? I’m debating sending out an email.
I have not :/ I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt. I just wonder when we’ll hear anything back regarding interviews

Did you guys get an email this afternoon regarding potential interviews?
Yes I got the email. I was kinda of nervous because it seems so late-notice as the first scheduled interview day is feb. 29th... so I wonder if anyone has received an interview day yet?

this is all so nerve wrecking..... ughhhh I wanna scream... its just so last minute please let me know if anyone gets an email about an interview they got invited to!!

Reactions: 1 user
this is all so nerve wrecking..... ughhhh I wanna scream... its just so last minute please let me know if anyone gets an email about an interview they got invited to!!
Yeah for sure. It doesn’t make sense to me why they would just now send emails out about interviews that start literally this Saturday :/ hopefully we are able to get the opportunity

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an email informing me that I got an interview next Saturday the 8th at 4:00pm EST. I was really two seconds away from emailing EVERYBODY!!! SO SO SO NERVOUS yet so excited has anyone else got an email yet?

I just got an email informing me that I got an interview next Saturday the 8th at 4:00pm EST. I was really two seconds away from emailing EVERYBODY!!! SO SO SO NERVOUS yet so excited has anyone else got an email yet?
That’s great!! I wish you all the best! I’m sure you will do great. I haven’t heard anything as of yet! The 8th wasn’t a day listed in the email sent out, so I still have some hope LOL

That’s great!! I wish you all the best! I’m sure you will do great. I haven’t heard anything as of yet! The 8th wasn’t a day listed in the email sent out, so I still have some hope LOL
Lol im sorry I totally meant Saturday the 7th.. I was so shocked I typed to fast... keep checking your email its definitely on the way have faith and keep hope alive. WE WILL ALL BE CLASSMATES!

Thank
Lol im sorry I totally meant Saturday the 7th.. I was so shocked I typed to fast... keep checking your email its definitely on the way have faith and keep hope alive. WE WILL ALL BE CLASSMATES!
haha gotcha! Thanks girl! I sure hope so!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! I applied in November as well and I received the email concerning potential interview dates, so I'm waiting to see if I get invited back for an interview. I heard we could possibly have a 2-3 days notice prior to the actual interview date, so let's see what happens.

hey guys! I applied in November as well and I received the email concerning potential interview dates, so I'm waiting to see if I get invited back for an interview. I heard we could possibly have a 2-3 days notice prior to the actual interview date, so let's see what happens.
That makes me feel a little better!

Hi guys!! Sorry I haven’t been on here much, but just wanted to let you guys know I just received my acceptance letter!!! Has anyone else been accepted??

I haven't heard anything yet but congratulations !!!!!

Hi guys!! Sorry I haven’t been on here much, but just wanted to let you guys know I just received my acceptance letter!!! Has anyone else been accepted??
Congratulationssss !! Was your interview via Skype or in person ?

Hey guys,

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I also received an acceptance email on March 15th. I think a lot of you can expect to here back after the 30th of March as that's the date that we were asked to confirm or deny our spot in the program. And hello to all the people out there watching this thread and not making an account (that was me too.. until now lol), just make one already you know you want to... LOL. Also, I'm hoping to find a roommate if anyone is interested message me. Best of luck to those waiting to hear back, I know it's been rough and long anticipated... as I was in your shoes less than a week ago, but hang in there folks!

I didn't apply to Howard this cycle but I was wondering how you all felt about Howard being on a probationary accreditation status. Also, how you guys feel about the crazy high tuition here? I was thinking about applying but those two things are holding me back.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything back? I had an interview March 6th and they said I would know if I have been accepted by March 20th. I know with this virus going on they may be set back a little but I emailed and still got no response.

@edunn6 hey! I've emailed them several times as well and haven't heard back. It's really frustrating and we should've heard something from them. Coronavirus or not

Hey yall! First year student PT here! For those who reached out to me, sorry for not getting back in a timely manner; the workload has been really hectic these past few weeks. On a lighter note, congrats to those who got in and chose to commit! Imma see yall in the Fall!

I saw a post concerning the probationary status, I will tell you that that has nothing to do with the quality of the program. This program has had a board pass rate of 100% for the past three years; that was my deciding factor to choosing this program... and also, it has a great sense of community.

Aside from that, you will face some issues especially with FINANCIAL AID. That said, a piece of advice is if you need to solve any administrative issues... if you can, go in person!

Also, GET READY TO WORK! I REPEAT, GET READY TO WORK! And trust me, you will get support, definitely from your fellow student PTs in the program.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email, and I will try to respond in a timely manner! Till then, stay safe and be blessed.

Email: [email protected]