Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KoStarringMe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a topic on Howard Medical school. I realize that they are lagging this year so I wanted to have someplace people can post their experiences, as in interview date and when they actually recieved a decision???

Members don't see this ad.

I will let you know tomorrow(after my interview) :clap: .

my file was complete back in November. I even recieved both postcards, but have not heard anything since. :mad: :( :confused:

Anyone with better luck, please post in order to renew my faith in the possibility of a future interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's put it this way: my application was complete in October and I FINALLY received an email from the Dean re-stating this fact about one week ago. Slow is not the word.....

My application was complete November and in a couple of weeks I recieved an interview invitation. I interviewed December 5. It went really bad for me. That was one of my worst interviews, he was all in my a**. I got my first acceptance a couple of weeks after that so I withdrew from Howard. I think Howard is nice and I did their summer program for premed students. Oh, I never got any of those green cards either.

I made the mistake of sending my secondary application with a check (Howard doesn't quite like personal checks) and they sent my application right back to me....months and months later.

So I decided to withdraw my application.

Screw Howard :mad:

*still waiting for Morehouse* :cool:

So far it seems like I'm the only person on SDN who's been accepted to Howard - so I'll throw you common folk a few pearls of wisdom and advice :wink:

I received an interview invite (pre-secondary) mid October, but I wasn't able to schedule an interview there until mid December. Luckily for me, my interviewer gave me their business card and I held onto it. The day after I arrived back from HUCM, I Fed-Ex'd my secondary directly to my interviewer, along with a very gracious thank-you note.

Then I bit my nails to the knub for about six weeks until I decided to call my interviewer and ask for an update. He really didn't tell me much, just the standard "you'll hear something soon" but he did remember me.

About a week later I recieved the green cards dated one day after my phone call to him and I recieved the letter of admission mid-February. So, I don't know whether or not he was sitting on my paperwork, or if he looked into the progress of my file after speaking to me, in any case, I think that call is what closed the deal. I had called and emailed the admissions office and got nowhere with them. Hope this helps, if you need any more info, PM me. :D

Serendipity,

Who did you interview with?

I just had my interview yesterday everybody. It went well but the wait was horrible (so was the lunch-tuna sandwiches). I was interviewed at 4pm and I had to rush because I had a train to catch at 5:00pm. My interviewer was really nice and funny though. I must say I liked the school, the students there are really friendly and you get that "family" feel when walking through them. It takes 4-6 weeks to hear anything they said.

I sent a personal check also with my secondary, but I later sent a money order (3 months later). They sent my secondary packet back to me two weeks ago, I took it to my interview and gave it back to my interviewer.

anyone know they are still interviewing ???.... I sent my application in December and only recently receive an e-mail stating they are reviewing my file... i never got the green card either...
:rolleyes:

yes, they are still interviewing, and will be throughout april, and possibly into may. so, there is hope still yet. i hope this helps.

Hi All

I interiewed at HUCM in mid November. I was accepted early February. So all I can say is to sit tight and they will get to you eventually. :rolleyes: