Howard's Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dknykid1980

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
by by by

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck with Howard Kid... I'll be rooting for you :). Otherwise, congrats on SGU... I'm sure you'll kick butt there too! Take care

Thanks Dr. Cuts. I'll definitely need luck and prayer to get of the alternate list i think.

Ok later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry I will be praying for you as well.
GOOD LUCK.

DKNY,

I am also on the howard "alternate" list. I want to curse this school so bad but if they accept me I know I will be thrilled(since I have no other acceptances). But from what I've heard they don't even go into the list until after orientation, which when they definitely know who is attending or not. I don't know how true this is. In the letter they sent me they said they will go thru the list from "now" until last day of orientation.

They also said NOT to call regarding your position/status on the list because it is unranked. So I was left feeling much depressed because it seems like I am among a heap of people on this "unranked alternate" list. They encourage "us" to send in any letters or whatever to update your file with.
School starts around aug 26th and orientation is ayg 18th. I don't know what to do.

Originally posted by BushBaby
They encourage "us" to send in any letters or whatever to update your file with.

AHA! A glimmer of hope! Time to get assertive... what I would do is write/re-write a new personal statement of sorts. Include in it how much you'd love to be a part of the Howard student body, how much you'd truly appreciate being given that chance, how much you'd do your absolute best to uphold the Howard name, how much you hope, that if even one spot opens up, that YOU WANT THAT SPOT. If you truly want it, it will come out sincere, and who knows... it may... just may... make a difference. It definitely won't hurt you anyway right? Good luck to both of you!

back to reality

Umm..is that a joke?

Well, anyway. Congrats.

what spiderman said.

Originally posted by dknykid1980
I GOT IN!!!

I GOT IN!!!!

The happiest day of my life! I just receieved the letter from Howard. Thanks sooo much SDN! Ya'll really helped me out. I took all of your advices! Thanks Dr. Cuts, the nagging method pays off!

All you potential Howard people, all i can say is this. FOLLOW UP, FOLLOW UP, FOLLOW UP!!!

Ok well now i can get wasted!

peace

Congratulations DKNY1980......:clap: :clap:

Did you email them or write them a letter (what was your nagging method?)?

woot woot! Congrats!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: