How's everyone's PharmCAS going along? 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry if this might be a little off topic but I was wondering if I should put extenuating circumstances in my personal statement so I can explain some blemishes on my transcripts? Also, can I add references once I submit my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Filled out my PharmCAS and I am making final edits to my Personal Essay.

I still have to give the Transcript request form to the Bursar's office..

Im applying ED to ETSU..anyone know how long that will take?

Also...if a rejection is issued, how long will it be before I can apply to other college of pharmacies? I tried to find information on that and couldn't seemed to encounter even a hint of it.. :confused:

:)

Filled out my PharmCAS and I am making final edits to my Personal Essay.

I still have to give the Transcript request form to the Bursar's office..

Im applying ED to ETSU..anyone know how long that will take?

Also...if a rejection is issued, how long will it be before I can apply to other college of pharmacies? I tried to find information on that and couldn't seemed to encounter even a hint of it.. :confused:

:)

once you e-submitt, pay your fees and PharmCAS receives your transcripts; they can take up to 5 weeks to verify and calculate GPAs (according to the website) but it usually is a couple of weeks less.

If you are rejected you have to wait until June of 2009 to apply for admission for Fall 2010

Members don't see this ad :)
once you e-submitt, pay your fees and PharmCAS receives your transcripts; they can take up to 5 weeks to verify and calculate GPAs (according to the website) but it usually is a couple of weeks less.

If you are rejected you have to wait until June of 2009 to apply for admission for Fall 2010

uh. no. If you're rejected Early Decision, you are welcome to apply to any other schools of pharmacy as you wish this same cycle.

They encourage you to esummit it. if you have everything put in correctly and your satisfied with your essay you can esummit. it just prolongs everything if you dont. I e-summited mine on the 3rd and requested my transcripts from my schools to be sent on the same day and yesterday they got my last schools transcipts and emailed me a confirmation stating that they calculated my gpa and sent my info to my schools and on top of that im planning on taking the pcat in june so once they recieve my scores they mail those to the schools. They mail things out to your schools once they get them if you esummited your application, if u dont your application just sits there even if you are waiting for some stuff like one transcript or a pcat. they dont do anything till you esummit and pay of course, so if your DONE COMPLETELY like you are content with your essay and your info is correct i would. But once you esummit it tells you what you can and can't change or add once you do so you'll get an idea. SO E-SUMMIT :D and good luck :luck:

I plan on getting a job after the summer semester at Walgreens. Is Work Experience one of the things you can change later? I may talk to them earlier than planned so I can get my PharmCAS in...

I plan on getting a job after the summer semester at Walgreens. Is Work Experience one of the things you can change later? I may talk to them earlier than planned so I can get my PharmCAS in...

i went on pharmcas and it looks like i couldn't add anything since i e-summitted my app. When you start pharmcas and u get to that section your allowed up to ten work experiences and now it doesn't give me an option to add more to it so to answer your question no ....sorry

After entering all the credits/grades into pharmcas, does it calculate your science gpa combined with math or just science by itself?

I'm just curious :D

once you e submit, can you still edit the reference later on. Does anybody know?
thanks

i went on pharmcas and it looks like i couldn't add anything since i e-summitted my app. When you start pharmcas and u get to that section your allowed up to ten work experiences and now it doesn't give me an option to add more to it so to answer your question no ....sorry

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

I will be taking my pcat in august (and hopefully get in 2009). I'm in the process of filling out my pharmcas and was wondering how they go about doing the transcripts. I'll be attending school full time this fall and spring and I'm currently taking a summer class. Would it matter if I e-submit it now before my summer or fall transcript shows up? :confused:

Hello All!

So I had a minor freak out yesterday when I read that many people had already submitted their PharmCAS application. My decision to apply to pharmacy schools is relatively recent (but sincere), so I'd greatly appreciate any and all advice.

1. I'm not taking the PCAT until Aug., is there any reason for me to submit before then? Also, I'm going to get a job in retail pharmacy come Aug. so I'd really like to include that in my application. Also, if I submitted by late August, would that be soon enough to be considered in the first round of applications?

2. Are supplementals available before you submit PharmCAS? I'd really like to brainstorm/write drafts before I submit, but I'm not sure how to get them!

Thank you and good luck to all!

Ok, so I called an admissions counselor from Midwestern ccp, which has rolling admissions, and she told me that it's relatively early to submit the application before september. So people don't freak out if you're still working on it!
It's better to submitt a great/thoughtful app than speed through it.

Members don't see this ad :)
My transcripts were received on the 19th of June, and I just submitted it today. GPA calculations are done already, so I'm just waiting on the references. :]

None of my LOR are using Yahoo or Hotmail, yet they have not received the e-mail from PharmCAS yet. PharmCAS actually tried sending it twice. grr...

hey guys, Does lower division necessarily mean classes that i took as a freshman/sophmore? and also I took an orientation class, does any1 know what course subject is that considered as? Thanks in advance!

hey guys, Does lower division necessarily mean classes that i took as a freshman/sophmore? and also I took an orientation class, does any1 know what course subject is that considered as? Thanks in advance!

Lower division courses are usually numbered 100 and 200. Upper division are 300, 400 level courses, that sometimes only junior or seniors take. upper level courses are not available at community colleges and can only be taken at a univeristy (that I know of...)

I've completed everything for PharmCAS. Should I wait for my supervisor to give me the journal submission number for my publication so I can list it somewhere in PharmCAS or should I just e-submit PharmCAS already?

This might be a dumb question but when does this year's cycle OFFICIALLY begin? as in when Pharmcas sends the application to the schools.

Also is the essay suppose to be about ourself and our undergradu work or why we want to be a pharmacist and what we plan to do?

Also are you allowed to add a ELoR or LoR after you esubmit it? Because I don't think I can get my last one until after this upcoming semester. And does math professor count as science or liberal arts?

This might be a dumb question but when does this year's cycle OFFICIALLY begin? as in when Pharmcas sends the application to the schools.
1. Application process started on JUNE 1, but pharmcas would not sent out until August

Also is the essay suppose to be about ourself and our undergradu work or why we want to be a pharmacist and what we plan to do?
2. About yourself/or whatever you wants that is interesting

Also are you allowed to add a ELoR or LoR after you esubmit it? Because I don't think I can get my last one until after this upcoming semester. And does math professor count as science or liberal arts?
3. that should be fine, afterall he's your professor

PharmCAS opened June 2nd and will begin to mail out applications sometime in August. The essay should address why you want to become a pharmacist and can include your undergraduate work, personal life, and what you plan to do as a pharmacist. You can only delete LORs after you e-submit. Math is a separate category. Between science and liberal arts, math would definitely be closer to science.

so can I count it as a science + like say a normal science say organic chem? so that'll be counted as two of my science professors?

You can only delete LORs after you e-submit.

That is incorrect. You can still add new letters after e-submitting, but you cannot delete a letter once it has been received by PharmCAS.

So after the august test, and with 2 ELOR would you guys recommend me sending in my application? I don't think I'm going to get another one until near the end of fall.

Is anyone else having trouble with downloading the transcript request form in the colleges attended section? Whenever I click it, it brings up a "index.cgi" box and I can't download any PDF!

Tried it in Firefox and IE, and nothing is working? :confused:

EDIT: Interesting, I finally got it to work, but I had to change the file type from .cgi to .pdf. Weird!

Last edited:
Has anyone tried putting their personal statement in the PharmCAS personal essay box yet? How do I indent - using one or two spacebars? Right now when I indent using two spacebars I have 4,494 characters.

Has anyone figured out the indentation problem or is having the same problem with the ps on Pharmcas? After I save my ps, only the first indented paragraph will return to no indentation, but the other paragraphs remain indented. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Yeah, I also had that problem last year as I have yet to submit/write my ps for this year. I ended up submitting w/o making any indentations. As for my current Pharmcas, I'm still trying to figure out how to rewrite my ps without being tempted to just edit and resend the old one

If the indent doesn't work for your ps I think you should leave a space in between each paragraph

I have already e-submitted and the ps looks just fine. I figured I cannot be the only one with that happening.

I have already e-submitted and the ps looks just fine. I figured I cannot be the only one with that happening.

i submitted my app a while back. I am still waiting for letter of recs.

My gpa is calculated only to be 2.97. I am taking some classes over this fall at a community college. Do you think i even have a chance with this low gpa and not taking the pcat? Thanks

I completed everything but the LOR's and the Personal Essay...

You saved the best for last :D

None of my LOR are using Yahoo or Hotmail, yet they have not received the e-mail from PharmCAS yet. PharmCAS actually tried sending it twice. grr...

It doesn't hurt for the professor/writer to use the paper method (snail mail)- my providers decided to use the snail mail and I had no problems whatsoever.
My GPA was calculated today! :idea:
Ahhh the GPA calculation days... I remember that like it was just yesterday.

i submitted my app a while back. I am still waiting for letter of recs.

My gpa is calculated only to be 2.97. I am taking some classes over this fall at a community college. Do you think i even have a chance with this low gpa and not taking the pcat? Thanks

There is no way for anyone to answer that question, especially over an internet forum where you're "talking" to complete strangers. Don't worry so much about your chances; spend that energy on making the best possible application possible (error free, quality ps, supplementals, punctuality, etc.)

I just esubmitted my PharmCAS application last night.

Anyone recently have their GPA calculated? When did you submit?

I'm trying to determine thier current turn around so I can get a rough estimate as to when I can expect my GPA calculation so that I know they will forward my application on to my selected schools.

Thanks!

I'm trying to determine thier current turn around so I can get a rough estimate as to when I can expect my GPA calculation so that I know they will forward my application on to my selected schools.

Thanks!

I first submitted on 7/12 and my GPA was calculated within 2 days. It shouldn't take up to 5 weeks if you submit it around this time of the year. So, I'd say maybe within a week or so.

Has anyone figured out the indentation problem or is having the same problem with the ps on Pharmcas? After I save my ps, only the first indented paragraph will return to no indentation, but the other paragraphs remain indented. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Yea, I had that problem last year and this year as well. I just left a space between each paragraph without any indentation at all. At least I know that my personal statement looks nice and clean this way.

done with everything except PS..still waiting for 2 of my profs to finish the LOR.. taking my finals today and as soon as the grades are out for this summer session..gonna request the transcripts and send them in.. session 2 starts next week with only 1 class so hopefully i'll have more time to work on the PS.

I asked my profs for the LOR over a month ago and pharmcas still says New.:mad:

you can always shoot them a friendly reminder =]

well everything is in that I can control and esubmitted, but have 2 LORs left (one is snail mail paper LOR which was sent in)... now i reminded my other prof several times and he still hasn't responded back... I however know that he is currently sick, so that might be the reason. But since he is my 4th LOR i think i might delete the LOR and either ask another or just go with the 3 LORs.

Submitted my Pharmcas on Aug 1...now on to the supplementals...

Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused right now. Do we have to wait till everything finished before e-submit our application (i.e. 4 letter of rec., PCAT results)? Thanks

Fallingsky, you may e-submit your application now. You can add or delete references after e-submitting. You should list all the PCATs you have or will be taking in the test section of your application before you e-submit but you do not have to wait for your scores to arrive in order to e-submit.

nm.... was sent.

Last edited:
I'm very itchy to e-submit...I requested schools already but none of them arrived at pharmcas yet. I did a snail mail with the transcript requests for schools? Should I send now? I can always print the matching transcript form in case they mess up right?

Just realizing that I am way behind, after reading this thread!! :(

I have to do my dreaded personal statement, and need to send out a couple of LOR requests. And most of all, still deciding exactly where I want to apply! I had a question for you all:

I gave PharmCAS my professor's email address, and she sent me an email saying the following:
I need the following information each time you want me to send a letter:
Contact person
Name of the program you are applying for
Department and school name
Full address of the school

I received the e-mail from PharmCAS but I can not post your letter until I
have the above info.

Do you guys know if she wants this information for herself, if this is because I have not yet picked my schools on PharmCAS, or if everyone has to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Debi

Just realizing that I am way behind, after reading this thread!! :(

I have to do my dreaded personal statement, and need to send out a couple of LOR requests. And most of all, still deciding exactly where I want to apply! I had a question for you all:

I gave PharmCAS my professor's email address, and she sent me an email saying the following:
I need the following information each time you want me to send a letter:
Contact person
Name of the program you are applying for
Department and school name
Full address of the school

I received the e-mail from PharmCAS but I can not post your letter until I
have the above info.

Do you guys know if she wants this information for herself, if this is because I have not yet picked my schools on PharmCAS, or if everyone has to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Debi

YOu have to let your professor know that the LOR should be written as a general letter not specific to any Pharmacy School not unless u are just going to apply to one. Your professor wants to know who to address the letter...probably Dear Admissions Committee,
And Program pharmacy school...that's all I can help you with...I don't know the rest hehehe

done with everything except PS..still waiting for 2 of my profs to finish the LOR.. taking my finals today and as soon as the grades are out for this summer session..gonna request the transcripts and send them in.. session 2 starts next week with only 1 class so hopefully i'll have more time to work on the PS.

I asked my profs for the LOR over a month ago and pharmcas still says New.:mad:

We're on the same boat. I submitted my supplementals Aug 1st, PharmCAS yesterday Aug 4th, transcripts are in, asked for LOR 2 months ago and nobody submitted it yet. One professor is on vacation though, and the others are busy so I understand. If I don't get accepted, next year I'm going to start asking for LORs in January! :laugh: I sent friendly reminders, hopefully they get it in soon.. I'm applying to UOP and I already missed the first tier because of the LORs ... lets hope I don't miss the second tier.. :scared:

Thanks!

I submitted 7/29 and received an email notification 8/5 of my gpa calculations. So, took 1 week.

I submitted 7/29 and received an email notification 8/5 of my gpa calculations. So, took 1 week.

Thanks for the reply! Mine was just updated. Submitted 8/1 and calculated 8/7.