How's Loma Linda Univ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cozypark

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any Loma Linda student?
How's the school? classmate? and facilities?
Friendly? or competitive?

Anyone who had interview this year?
Would you let me know how many students had interviews and how many actually got acceptance letters?

Please tell me anything you know about Loma Linda.
(Except its religion)

Pleeeeese?~~~~

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about pharmacy, but I know that for dental hygiene this year, 130+ applicants competed for about 40 spots.

I don't attend Loma Linda, but I've heard plenty from friends who do... A good number are Adventists who've grown up in the Adventist school system since grade school. Probably with parents who are doctors/dentists, and live in the Loma Linda area, and went to its sister undergrad school La Sierra University. Apparently, due to this sister school relationship, it's easier to get into Loma Linda from La Sierra. extra admissions dibs to those whose family members are prominent members of the adventist community, or are in LLU. (How does LLU know who you're related to? Mention it in your essay, and say how much these people have inspired you, etc.)

the students are actually really friendly within the departments, but I don't know about between departments. Like most other schools, they probably don't really know a lot of people from other departments. I hear that LLU does hold their students to a pretty high standard though, and when grades start to drop, they bring the student in to a committee... which is pretty scary, getting dragged in front of an entire committee and being scrutinized.

they also do a lot of evangelistic mission trips.... to Africa and such - great if you want to see the world, do your job, and help people.

I think you do have some advantage if you attended a sister school. There are around 10 Seventh-day Adventist colleges/universities in the United States. La Sierra is one of them.

When I applied for the medical school, I interviewed with the VP for Admissions here on my campus at Walla Walla College (an Adventist university in Washington State). The VP comes here twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, to do interviews and I'm sure he goes to all the other Adventist institutions as well. So I never had to go down to Loma Linda for the two day interview they have and I did not go through a student inteview or anything like that.

So I think that's the advantage of going to an Adventist school for undergrad. However they do have students from all kinds of different schools as well as different religions. So if you're not Adventist, don't discount the school. Its not like they are going to try to convert you...

Snowcat said:
Not sure about pharmacy, but I know that for dental hygiene this year, 130+ applicants competed for about 40 spots.

I don't attend Loma Linda, but I've heard plenty from friends who do... A good number are Adventists who've grown up in the Adventist school system since grade school. Probably with parents who are doctors/dentists, and live in the Loma Linda area, and went to its sister undergrad school La Sierra University. Apparently, due to this sister school relationship, it's easier to get into Loma Linda from La Sierra. extra admissions dibs to those whose family members are prominent members of the adventist community, or are in LLU. (How does LLU know who you're related to? Mention it in your essay, and say how much these people have inspired you, etc.)

the students are actually really friendly within the departments, but I don't know about between departments. Like most other schools, they probably don't really know a lot of people from other departments. I hear that LLU does hold their students to a pretty high standard though, and when grades start to drop, they bring the student in to a committee... which is pretty scary, getting dragged in front of an entire committee and being scrutinized.

they also do a lot of evangelistic mission trips.... to Africa and such - great if you want to see the world, do your job, and help people.