How's my chances at MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neguya

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would say chances at MD are pretty low with your GPA and being an ORM unfortunately. If you really study your ass off and actually get a 520 it would significantly increase your chances, but again you should be realistic and assess whether you can realistically achieve such a score. Good job on the 4.0 semester. Why are you predicting such low gpas for 4th and 5th year? You should be aiming for as close to perfection as possible.

Why are you predicting such low gpas for 4th and 5th year? You should be aiming for as close to perfection as possible.
Unfortunately, those GPA I predicted are the maximum GPA I can gain from a 4.0 semester.
Since I'm going to my 4th year, I finished a majority of my undergrad unit and with the remaining units I have left going into my last 2 year of undergrad. That's the best I can do with a 14-16 Unit semester with all A.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, those GPA I predicted are the maximum GPA I can gain from a 4.0 semester.
Since I'm going to my 4th year, I finished a majority of my undergrad unit and with the remaining units I have left going into my last 2 year of undergrad. That's the best I can do with a 14-16 Unit semester with all A.

Oh ok I thought you were listing predicted GPA for that individual year. This table will be useful for you: https://www.aamc.org/download/321516/data/factstablea24-3.pdf

If you look at Asian applicants with a GPA between 3.4-3.59 chances increase significantly with increasing MCAT especially for those really high scores. If you can pull a 4.0 for your remaining semesters and get a high MCAT you would have a pretty solid shot at MD (assuming ECs are good).

If you push with your GPA and MCAT, make sure to back it up with something to diversify your profile (like teaching, volunteer corps, etc.).

If you push with your GPA and MCAT, make sure to back it up with something to diversify your profile (like teaching, volunteer corps, etc.).
Yea for sure! I believe my EC (listed up there) and my diverse hobbies/activities can show adcom that.