HPLRP after HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tooth

Orthodontist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't qualify for the HPLRP during my time in the Navy because I had used the HPSP.

I'll soon be done with the Navy and will start a residency program, incurring new debt. I'm planning on joining the National Guard during my residency to offset my costs. Now, I'd like to know if I will be able to use the HPLRP for this new debt from my specialization or if by switching services my remaining dental school loans might be covered. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

You will not be eligible....if you do 4 years of HPSP, you are not eligible for other loan/school funds.
Are there ANY student loan repayment options in the military available after completing HPSP commitment? OR is HPSP a disqualifier for ALL of them? Sorry, just seeking clarification/confirmation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there ANY student loan repayment options in the military available after completing HPSP commitment? OR is HPSP a disqualifier for ALL of them? Sorry, just seeking clarification/confirmation.
In the Army Reserve, they are offering HPLRP of 40k/yr with a 2 year commitment. Regardless if you took HPSP for your active time or not.

Loan repayment is only for existing loans that were used for your professional degree.

See attached (Page 14) for more info.

Attachments

• FY21 USAR HPS&I Pay Plan (final 29 Sep 2020) look at page 14.pdf
    391.4 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: 1 user
Like big hoss said....
GI Bill...

Reactions: 1 user