Frazier

Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2009
US
Hello future palliative docs!

Only a couple months until the ERAS process starts. It's going to be a great cycle!

In line with convention, this thread is a good place to combine application and interview topics into one easy to access location for the 2019-2020 cycle.

I look forward to seeing your success on match day -- in about 230 days. But who's counting? :pompous:

licroty

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Same here. EM resident PGY2 in NYC. Looking for info on programs with EM residents as fellows. have a great upcoming cycle

Apr 22, 2019
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Dear SDN,

After years of consuming SDN content, I figured it is time to produce some of my own. I am ABIM certified in Hospice & Palliative Medicine and not too far removed from fellowship. If you have questions, feel free to ask and I will try to best answer.

Phase1Phase2

OP
F

Frazier

Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2009
US
Dear SDN,

After years of consuming SDN content, I figured it is time to produce some of my own. I am ABIM certified in Hospice & Palliative Medicine and not too far removed from fellowship. If you have questions, feel free to ask and I will try to best answer.

Phase1Phase2
Question: Do you feel HPM programs have a notable bias against specialties other than IM/FM in the application process? And, if so, how would you recommend overcoming that bias as an applicant?

Apr 22, 2019
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Question: Do you feel HPM programs have a notable bias against specialties other than IM/FM in the application process? And, if so, how would you recommend overcoming that bias as an applicant?
Program directors are looking for individuals who will succeed in their role, just like any employer. As such, if a potential trainee is switching from one field to a very different field, that will naturally raise eyebrows. You don't want to hire a flake. But if an individual has a good rationale behind the change, I do not think that will lead to bias. That is the purpose of a personal statement and interviews.

May 30, 2019
Status
Attending Physician
Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum and really excited to be a part of it!
Just as a quick summary to ensure everyone is pacing themselves to get their info in order for applications:

June 6, 2019ERAS 2020 Season Begins
EFDO begins to generate and distribute MyERAS tokens.
Applicants can register on MyERAS and begin working on their application.
Upload photo, mspe, med school transcript, upload data about yourself, personal statements, request LoRs.

Next goal:
July 5, 2019 Fellowship applicants may apply to July application cycle programs only.
July 15, 2019July application cycle programs start receiving applications.

Aug 28, 2019, 12:00 PM EDT - NRMP registration opens for medical specialities i.e. HPM!

Oct 2, 2019, 12:00 p.m. ET - NRMP ranking opens

Nov 6, 2019, 11:59 p.m. ET - NRMP Quota Change Deadline at 11:59 p.m. ET

Nov 20, 2019, 9:00 p.m. ET - NRMP Rank Order List Certification Deadline at 9:00 p.m. ET

Dec 4, 2019, 12:00 p.m. ET - Match Day at 12:00 p.m. ET!

This is from ERAS, NRMP - however do verify these details to ensure things are not changed, but this will be what I will be following to stay on track!

If there are any other deadlines on ERAS or NRMP that we should know about, please do let us know!

All the best to everyone!

Reactions: Tizoc
OP
F

Frazier

Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2009
US
Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum and really excited to be a part of it!
Just as a quick summary to ensure everyone is pacing themselves to get their info in order for applications:

June 6, 2019ERAS 2020 Season Begins
EFDO begins to generate and distribute MyERAS tokens.
Applicants can register on MyERAS and begin working on their application.
Upload photo, mspe, med school transcript, upload data about yourself, personal statements, request LoRs.

Next goal:
July 5, 2019Fellowship applicants may apply to July application cycle programs only.
July 15, 2019July application cycle programs start receiving applications.

Aug 28, 2019, 12:00 PM EDT - NRMP registration opens for medical specialities i.e. HPM!

Oct 2, 2019, 12:00 p.m. ET - NRMP ranking opens

Nov 6, 2019, 11:59 p.m. ET - NRMP Quota Change Deadline at 11:59 p.m. ET

Nov 20, 2019, 9:00 p.m. ET - NRMP Rank Order List Certification Deadline at 9:00 p.m. ET

Dec 4, 2019, 12:00 p.m. ET - Match Day at 12:00 p.m. ET!

This is from ERAS, NRMP - however do verify these details to ensure things are not changed, but this will be what I will be following to stay on track!

If there are any other deadlines on ERAS or NRMP that we should know about, please do let us know!

All the best to everyone!
Thanks!