HPSP and not taking MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dganaden

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to get into the HPSP program and not take the MCAT.

There is a program I am looking into that will put me into a DO program the next year after I complete my MS degree. I was just hoping that I would still be able to do the program and get the HPSP.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

dganaden said:
I was wondering if it is possible to get into the HPSP program and not take the MCAT.

There is a program I am looking into that will put me into a DO program the next year after I complete my MS degree. I was just hoping that I would still be able to do the program and get the HPSP.

Thanks.

I am pretty positive that a MCAT score is required in order to get into HPSP. MCAT and GPA were the two big things that they were pushing when I was applying. Just think of the MCAT as a sort of "coming of age," its part of growing up if you want to be a doctor. :)

P.S. Call a recruiter and ask--he or she will be able to answer your question with more accuracy (note this isn't me saying that recruiters are always right, but in this case they should know).

kaikai128 said:
P.S. Call a recruiter and ask--he or she will be able to answer your question with more accuracy (note this isn't me saying that recruiters are always right, but in this case they should know).

I got an HPSP scholarship and did not take the MCAT. If you have an acceptance they probably won't care.

Ed