HPSP and sign on bonus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dallasdaines

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, I know that you don't make the decision to go the Military route for the money because you will probably lose out in the long run. With that being said, I am in the process of filling out my HPSP applications for both the Navy and the Air Force and I am wondering if they are still giving a $20,000 sign on bonus. I know this is a question I could easily ask my recruiters, but I've only just begun speaking with them and I don't want to put off the wrong impression.

Members don't see this ad.

First off, I know that you don't make the decision to go the Military route for the money because you will probably lose out in the long run. With that being said, I am in the process of filling out my HPSP applications for both the Navy and the Air Force and I am wondering if they are still giving a $20,000 sign on bonus. I know this is a question I could easily ask my recruiters, but I've only just begun speaking with them and I don't want to put off the wrong impression.

Don't worry about your impression on them, I doubt they care about your reasons for joining.

Don't worry about your impression on them, I doubt they care about your reasons for joining.

This. The only you have to be worried about when asking recruiters questions is that they don't try to sell you the moon with the tails they'll tell you in an effort to sign you.