Hpsp dental -tattoos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jf418

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m a 3rd year hpsp dental student. I currently have no tattoos but feel I’ve been putting it off for too long and am ready to get some. So through Meps I have no tattoos. Is there any reason I cannot get a tattoo that will be in an area covered by a short sleeve shirt that is not offensive? If I get the tattoo how do I report it? If it matters, our school does not do summers, so I have not attended BOLC yet.

Appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

You should read the regulations of your respective service. If you do it wrong it can be grounds for discharge, which could incur immediate repayment.

You should read the regulations of your respective service. If you do it wrong it can be grounds for discharge, which could incur immediate repayment.

Sorry, I don’t know how I forgot to put army. So as long as I abide by normal army regs for tattoos I should be fine? I wasn’t sure if being hpsp made a difference. Which a left chest tat would be in regulation as far as what I’ve found. It’s a simple reaper holding a flower (I know that sounds weird) which I don’t see how that could be offensive, but I guess people get offended by anything these days lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them (Navy) about it a couple years ago. They basically just told me to use my best judgement and not get anything crazy and it wouldn't be an issue. I would email them though just so you know for sure.

I emailed them (Navy) about it a couple years ago. They basically just told me to use my best judgement and not get anything crazy and it wouldn't be an issue. I would email them though just so you know for sure.
Who Can I email? Like my hpsp student advisor?

Who Can I email? Like my hpsp student advisor?

Yeah that's who I did I think. I cant remember exactly but just whoever you get periodic updates from. If they don't know they can forward it to someone who does.