HPSP laptop lease

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clw07c

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that will lease laptops to students in accordance with the HPSP regulations? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of a company that will lease laptops to students in accordance with the HPSP regulations? Thanks!

I looked it up about 2 years ago... don't bother, b/c it's just not worth the trouble. loaning a laptop is pretty expensive ($150 a week or something for a mediocre 15" laptop) and cumbersome, and getting it reimbursed could give you a headache, which you just don't want during d-school.

Last edited:
I found out too late that there is a laptop lending program at my school. You can get a nice laptop for 7 school days or a slightly older (the model I bought before school) for 14 days. You do have to start fresh at least every 3 weeks, but it's part of our student fee at the University of Washington, and I bet other schools have something similar. If you got a decent sized flash drive or external hard drive, you could make it work.

-Wodehouse