1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

HPSP letter

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by beachbabe, Oct 7, 2001.

1. beachbabe

beachbabe Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Did anyone else get a letter from the HPSP recruiting office congratulating you on getting a 29 or better on the MCAT. Is this for real or did the idiots sent this to everyone? Its a pretty mean if they are sending it to people who got less then a 29.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

What is HPSP? (You can interpret that as a no, whatever it is.)

4. beachbabe

beachbabe Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

HPSP is a scholarship from the US Army.

5. English Chick

English Chick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yah, I got that a couple months ago. It was a pretty hilarious letter all around, esp. the part that said, "Congratulations on passing your MCAT test." (Don't even get me started on that silly sentence....) I don't know who all they're sending it to, though, b/c I scored higher than a 29.

6. beachbabe

beachbabe Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Seriously did anyone else get this letter. Because I did not get above a 29 the last time I took the MCAT. August scores have not come back yet. And this letter specifically says "Because you scored a 29 or better on the MCAT, and if you have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or greater, and meet all other requirements, you are automatically accepted for scholarship". Now that is a very strong statement. Did they send this to everyone?

7. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Okay, like I said, I did not get a letter from something called "HPSP." However, I did receive a letter LONG after my MCAT scores came from the Northern California Army Recruitment center offering a $300,000 scholarship and stating that I "passed my MCAT with a 30." Is it really that hard to believe you got above a 29? ;)

8. beachbabe

beachbabe Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

No, I guess it is not hard to believe. But I got a 27 when I took it in April. So I would be pretty excited to get a 29 or better on this one. My letter came from the Philadelphia AMEDD Recruiting Station. I just don't want to get my hopes up and then get my scores this week and be dissapointed.

9. aisha

aisha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

mo- dont worry , ull do very well. mcats' coming out this week? good luck :)..