HPSP letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachbabe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get a letter from the HPSP recruiting office congratulating you on getting a 29 or better on the MCAT. Is this for real or did the idiots sent this to everyone? Its a pretty mean if they are sending it to people who got less then a 29.

Members don't see this ad.

What is HPSP? (You can interpret that as a no, whatever it is.)

HPSP is a scholarship from the US Army.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah, I got that a couple months ago. It was a pretty hilarious letter all around, esp. the part that said, "Congratulations on passing your MCAT test." (Don't even get me started on that silly sentence....) I don't know who all they're sending it to, though, b/c I scored higher than a 29.

Seriously did anyone else get this letter. Because I did not get above a 29 the last time I took the MCAT. August scores have not come back yet. And this letter specifically says "Because you scored a 29 or better on the MCAT, and if you have an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or greater, and meet all other requirements, you are automatically accepted for scholarship". Now that is a very strong statement. Did they send this to everyone?

Okay, like I said, I did not get a letter from something called "HPSP." However, I did receive a letter LONG after my MCAT scores came from the Northern California Army Recruitment center offering a $300,000 scholarship and stating that I "passed my MCAT with a 30." Is it really that hard to believe you got above a 29? ;)

No, I guess it is not hard to believe. But I got a 27 when I took it in April. So I would be pretty excited to get a 29 or better on this one. My letter came from the Philadelphia AMEDD Recruiting Station. I just don't want to get my hopes up and then get my scores this week and be dissapointed.

mo- dont worry , ull do very well. mcats' coming out this week? good luck :)..