HPSP Physical Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOxidant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently a first year student applying for Navy HPSP. I did my physical exam today. And I got disqualified because of vision (high # of refractory index). They informed me that there is a chance of being waived?

Anybody knows how often waiving might occur in my case? Anybody ever been in similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I'm currently a first year student applying for Navy HPSP. I did my physical exam today. And I got disqualified because of vision (high # of refractory index). They informed me that there is a chance of being waived?

Anybody knows how often waiving might occur in my case? Anybody ever been in similar situation?

Since Navy is staff corps, they're very liberal with the physical waivers. You could probably get it if you went regular Navy, but medical corps tends to care more about mental issues (depression and such). Def get on em, and Hooyah Navy!

What exactly does the high refractive index mean. How bad are your eyes? Do you wear glasses/contacts?

This concerns me because I am going for my physical in a couple weeks and my eyes aren't that great. I am very healthy and should pass every other part of the exam (hopefully!).

Thanks