HPSP Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Susannah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am applying for the Health Professions Scholarship Program for Psychology & wanted to know if anyone else is applying this year or already has it? There is a nearly identical thread, but it is from a year ago and I don't think these people are still around studentdoctor.net...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am applying for the Health Professions Scholarship Program for Psychology & wanted to know if anyone else is applying this year or already has it? There is a nearly identical thread, but it is from a year ago and I don't think these people are still around studentdoctor.net...

Current HPSP recipient (Army) on internship at DDEAMC.

Hi,
Thanks for replying...I did see you on the earlier post & I PM'ed you a question. I don't know if you got it?
Its good to be able to ask people who have gone through & done the scholarship, as I have the impression that my recruiter has never actually gotten someone to sign up for the HPSP before :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Thanks for replying...I did see you on the earlier post & I PM'ed you a question. I don't know if you got it?
Its good to be able to ask people who have gone through & done the scholarship, as I have the impression that my recruiter has never actually gotten someone to sign up for the HPSP before :rolleyes:

They probably haven't. There are only about 30 clinical psychologists brought into the Army as interns per year. Only about 2/3 of those are HPSP. Recruiters usually have a 2 year tour of duty. The odds are, you are and will be the only HPSP clinical psychologist they ever process. This makes the whole thing quite gruelling and frustrating.

Hi,

You would be surprised at how long some of us stick around.

Mark

They probably haven't. There are only about 30 clinical psychologists brought into the Army as interns per year. Only about 2/3 of those are HPSP. Recruiters usually have a 2 year tour of duty. The odds are, you are and will be the only HPSP clinical psychologist they ever process. This makes the whole thing quite gruelling and frustrating.

I only knew about this scholarship because I went to a dental school, saw the poster & assumed they must offer HPSP for psychology students too...for some reason they're really in to recruiting dentists.