HPSP Reimbursment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TAbrown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the HPSP reimburse students for medical matriculation fees?

My school requires a payment of $2000 this spring in order to reserve my seat. The $2000 goes towards my first year medical school tuition.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

TAbrown said:
Does the HPSP reimburse students for medical matriculation fees?

My school requires a payment of $2000 this spring in order to reserve my seat. The $2000 goes towards my first year medical school tuition.

Thanks

You actually won't have to file it as a reimbursement. Your respective HPSP office will contact your school about your 3rd party sponsorship for the full amount of your first semester/first year tuition (including the 2000 you have already paid). Once that has been done, you can withdraw the 2000 from your student account.

Is the reimbursemetn policy true for all three branches? I'm taking the Air Force HPSP and my recruiter said I probably will have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed later.

Members don't see this ad :)
HumptyDumptyMil said:
Is the reimbursemetn policy true for all three branches? I'm taking the Air Force HPSP and my recruiter said I probably will have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed later.

Yep. I'm AF as well. You will pay the deposit out of pocket and be reimbursed by your school when the AF pays your first tuition bill.

Just make sure that the school bills for the entire tuition, not the amount left after the deposit is paid.

cdreed said:
Yep. I'm AF as well. You will pay the deposit out of pocket and be reimbursed by your school when the AF pays your first tuition bill.

Just make sure that the school bills for the entire tuition, not the amount left after the deposit is paid.

nice. thanks for answering my questions about this and uniforms. Hoping to be commissioned soon.