HPSP wearing uniform when not on ADT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJEMT1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to a base on Monday with the HPSP kids from my school to get Reserve ID cards bc we didn't get them at COT. If possible, we would like to be in uniform for the photo but aren't certain if we are allowed to wear them when not doing an active duty tour. We think we are allowed to wear blues but not BDUs. Anyone know? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

NJEMT1 said:
I am going to a base on Monday with the HPSP kids from my school to get Reserve ID cards bc we didn't get them at COT. If possible, we would like to be in uniform for the photo but aren't certain if we are allowed to wear them when not doing an active duty tour. We think we are allowed to wear blues but not BDUs. Anyone know? Thanks!

You're a commissioned officer. You're allowed to wear blues, definitely. As for whether you're allowed to wear BDUs, you should be attached to some unit with a "uniform of the day". You should match them. Do you have a chain of command you could ask questions of?

You won't get in trouble if you just do it. Lts are teflon coated. Give them a dumb look, shrug your shoulders, and apologize if necessary.

Chant this...

"It's better to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission"
:smuggrin:

There's a message there somewhere.... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
NJEMT1 said:

No need to be in uniform. In fact, tell the guys to grow a beard with their 1+ days left before the big picture day and let your hair hang down over your shoulders. :idea:

Thanks for the help everyone!!