HPV vaccine/bias letter in the New Physician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

met19

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
For the uniformed: Someone was mainly blasting the AMSA mag for liberal bias. I have no problems with that. He's allowed to have an opinion. But to state that HPV vaccines creates a vaccuum of responsibilty is one of the dumbest statements ever written.

If the person from U of cinncinnati who sent the bias letter into "The New Phyisician" is here I don't even think you know what you are talking about. Wait till you reach 3rd year and see how much $$$, pain, time, and care is related to cervical cancer. Thats right some HPV strains are related to cervical cancer and the vaccine targets those specific strains. I am truly ashamed that you are a medical student.

Gimlet

Cardiac Anesthesiologist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If the idiot from U of cinncinnati who sent the bias letter into "The New Phyisician" is here I don't even think you know what u r talking about.

That really doesn't add a whole lot of credibility to your statement.

AmoryBlaine

the last tycoon
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read the letter (http://www.amsa.org/tnp/articles/article.cfx?id=339), that dude is going to have a fun time on his rotations! The hospital is a veritable monument to poor lifestyle decisions...

"The pt is a 55 year old harlot with a history of cervical cancer, COPD (which she richly deserves), and Divine Judgement Immunodeficiency Virus who presents to the ED whining and complaining about crushing substernal chest pain of 2 hours duration..."

I keed, I keed...

Gimlet

Cardiac Anesthesiologist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
there you go all changed. however, the adjectives don't change the facts.

:laugh: I agree that he's an idiot! It was the "u r" text-speak in your post that I thought was lame.