HRSA Scholarship Applicants/Interviewees???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yasmeensak

The Y
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Is there anyone who has applied for the HRSA Scholarship and has gone through the Interview process?

I got the letter for the interview last week, and am looking for guidance on how to prepare for the interview - Are there any forums that have advice/tips on how I can do well on this interview?

Thanks for any help,
Yasmeen

LECOM-FL Class of 2008

Members don't see this ad.

I currently have the NHSC scholarship (I've had it since year one). It's been 2 years since I interviewed, but here's what I remember:

The interview process is standardized, meaning that there are set questions that will be asked to every interviewee. It was really no stress-- the questions were like, "Tell us about your family." and "What is the most difficult challenge that you've had to overcome?" They also asked me some questions about my work in medically underserved areas. I don't think there is anything to 'prepare' for-- just be yourself. I think that it's important to remember the purpose behind the scholarship too-- if you give the interviewer the impression that you are applying for the wrong reasons (ie just to get your school paid for) then they may pick up on that and decide that you aren't right for the program. Make sure that they get a sense of your committment to serving underserved populations.

I don't know how it is this year, but if you make it to the interview stage I think you have a great chance at getting the scholarship. I got the impression that they really narrowed down the applicant pool with the initial application.

Best of luck! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Chad
MSII/WesternU