MPH HSPH Student Financial Services Online Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexterhousemd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
$$$$

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's a form. Your chances of scholarship and/or admissions are based on everything else but the form. The form is a formality, not a suggestion of your capabilities.

I haven't gotten any email about MyFinAid -- is that normal?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten any email about MyFinAid -- is that normal?
Just making sure that you've received an email from them. The priority deadline is Feb 14!

Yes, got it a while back and filling out FAFSA - thanks for the check!

Just making sure that you've received an email from them. The priority deadline is Feb 14!

Yup, got it a while back and filling out FAFSA -- thanks for the check!!

Any idea when they'll be sending out decisions?
in their confirmation email, they say end of Feb to end of March but from the recent years, it looks like they send out decisions for MPH as early as the second week of February.

Reactions: 1 user
in their confirmation email, they say end of Feb to end of March but from the recent years, it looks like they send out decisions for MPH as early as the second week of February.
thanks. Guess I'll patiently wait for another three weeks then.

Anyone got their awards/aid package from HSPH already?

Anyone got their awards/aid package from HSPH already?

I got an email on March 3rd with my aid package (all loans basically), but I believe they will let people know about merit awards before the 27th they said.

I got an email on March 3rd with my aid package (all loans basically), but I believe they will let people know about merit awards before the 27th they said.
Thank you so much! I also got an email from osfs on March 7 but since I'm international, there was nothing in it (ineligible for fed loans). So, I'm really hoping scholarships come through or I'm screwed...

Thank you so much! I also got an email from osfs on March 7 but since I'm international, there was nothing in it (ineligible for fed loans). So, I'm really hoping scholarships come through or I'm screwed...

Not trying to burst your bubble, but even if scholarships come through it's not gonna be enough to cover everything (most likely 25% tuition reduction according to the school's statistics). You'll still need to pay out-of-pocket or borrow commercial loans for the rest. Plus, how are you screwed even if you have to borrow commercial loans?

Not trying to burst your bubble, but even if scholarships come through it's not gonna be enough to cover everything (most likely 25% tuition reduction according to the school's statistics). You'll still need to pay out-of-pocket or borrow commercial loans for the rest. Plus, how are you screwed even if you have to borrow commercial loans?
You're right -- I only got 25% tuition. I am hesitant to get loans because my intended career is in a developing country and I do not want to have the financial burden when choosing jobs after school. That's all.
Edit: it's now 50% tuition.

Last edited:
even I got 25% tuition grant.. any idea which is best loan option for international student? :confused::confused:

even I got 25% tuition grant.. any idea which is best loan option for international student? :confused::confused:
It seems that the loan from harvard credit union would be best for Harvard International Students (since they don't require a co-signer).

It seems that the loan from harvard credit union would be best for Harvard International Students (since they don't require a co-signer).
hey thanks dear.. yes that is a nice option, I do have a co signer so I want to get at a lower rate and would be better if I get loan approval without visa, I think HUECU requires visa as well. Isn't it ?

hey thanks dear.. yes that is a nice option, I do have a co signer so I want to get at a lower rate and would be better if I get loan approval without visa, I think HUECU requires visa as well. Isn't it ?
I am an international student as well and asked them today. If you have a US cosigner, I think your rate is lowered by 0.5%, and then another 0.25% for direct-deposit when you pay back the loan. They said they can conditionally approve the loan before the visa but you'll eventually have to provide them with the visa (once you get it) to be fully approved and for the funds to be disbursed.

I am an international student as well and asked them today. If you have a US cosigner, I think your rate is lowered by 0.5%, and then another 0.25% for direct-deposit when you pay back the loan. They said they can conditionally approve the loan before the visa but you'll eventually have to provide them with the visa (once you get it) to be fully approved and for the funds to be disbursed.
ohh wow that would be awesome. so i think now no need to search other options.. thanks dear.. :)