HSPS Scholarship Questions Answered

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texdrake

Stand-Up Philosopher
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an Army scholarship recipient, but I know a ton of people come looking for information on the scholarships. Anyone is free to email me with questions but I urge you to check out a site that really does a good job of explaining it in detail.

http://lukeballard.tripod.com/HPSP.html

It is by an Air Force Scholarship recipient named Luke Ballard and I found it very informative. I direct anyone with questions to this site. Check it out if you are interested in the possiblity.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too - we'll meet someday then, lol.

How competitive are the scholarships? Should I apply to more than one branch to increase my chances of being accepted into at least one?

Members don't see this ad :)
How competitive are the scholarships? Should I apply to more than one branch to increase my chances of being accepted into at least one?
So you bumped a 9 year old thread to ask that?

I'm sure CPT Ballard was quite pleased with the USAF in 2005 given that he didn't have to do a flight surgeon tour, got civilian deferred for radiology and at the time of the last update was still in residency. I'd like to know how the payback years turned out for him. That is when .milmed and the AF in particular brings the pain.

So you bumped a 9 year old thread to ask that?

I'm sure CPT Ballard was quite pleased with the USAF in 2005 given that he didn't have to do a flight surgeon tour, got civilian deferred for radiology and at the time of the last update was still in residency. I'd like to know how the payback years turned out for him. That is when .milmed and the AF in particular brings the pain.

Ahhh memories. Ballard's site was the only online source I could find in 2001 (just before 9-11) as I was looking for any HPSP info on google. No wonder I joined.

I sure wish this site were around back then!

Ahhh memories. Ballard's site was the only online source I could find in 2001 (just before 9-11) as I was looking for any HPSP info on google. No wonder I joined.

I sure wish this site were around back then!

Yeah, Ballard, what an ***hole. How many people did he sell down the river? Hope you're happy Luke.

2001...wow. The legends of the milmed forum were still in the womb back then.

AF M4- getting crunked in college and trying to pick up chicks at swim classes
Galo- Finishing general surgery residency
Island Doc- a few years from being a solo ER GMO and writing the AF times denouncing the HPSP program
MilMD- In Guantanamo bay, on call 24/7 thanks to the tender mercies of a detailer
BomberDoc- Med school. Successive tours in Diego Garcia just a glimmer in his eye..
Medical Corpse- In Purgatory at Malcom Grow, but not posting yet.

Jesus I think I was taking college chemistry classes. Where is a time machine when you need it?

-61N

Last edited by a moderator: