Huge advice for WS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bad_hombre

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, in Ontario the essays are actually pretty important (worth 12.5% of your overall score at a particular school), and you MUST make the cutoffs at several other schools (from N to P).

I got an R, and I think the fact that I used an ERASABLE PEN helped. It definitely made my essay look super neat, which can subconsciously affect the marker's overall impression of your essay. good luck :D

Members don't see this ad.

hey bad do u know if U of T uses writing? i got an R too but only a 30.. i thought they only used mcats as cutoffs? id loe to use my R to my advanatge even though im a crappy ass writer!

MY AdVICE: SKIP IT!!!...nah, seriously i think way back when i took it, i gotta T or U or somethin like at. Ya can tell from my writin that I is a prolific riter....WALL: how da hell u get a R?? me & u cant even make sense talkin half the time,ha,ha,ha,ha,....

u of t uses the mcats as only a cutoff, you're right. but western ontario uses the verbal + writing as 25% of your overall assessment.:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Bad_Hombre,

Why aren't you applying to U.S. schools with your MCAt score? Is it a matter of tuition, curriculum or you just love Toronto or something?

I am also Canadian and I am just dying to go to a states school (one can only take so much crap from U of T); besides, one would imagine the standard of education in the U.S. to be higer than in Canada (despite what some delusional UT students may tell you), so why not apply?

Marcus,

Well, I'm only in 3rd year right now, so if things don't work out for me in ontario i guess i could apply to the states later on. I've never actually lived in Tdot, and U of T would actually be my last choice in ontario. I do believe that our med schools are really good. maybe our research kinda sucks, but i'm not into that kind of stuff anyway.

I'm just not willing to fork over 30000 dollars US (45000 CDN) a year just to end up with the same degree (I could pay 1/3 of that in tuition + save on rent cause of the apartment my parents are getting me and my brother). I believe that it would a bad business decision for me personally to go to the states, since i can move down to the states later on or whatever. I'm pretty confident about my chances here in Ontario :rolleyes:. I've got another year, and i'm enjoying undergrad, plus i'm only 19, so there's really no rush. Good luck with you if you decide to go south, things are certainly greener down there if that's what you're after