Huge Advice Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kenshinsword

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so most everyone has been telling me I should not retake the mcat on Sept. 11 b/c schools might not accept it, my score might not improve significantly, if at all, after scoring a 22N the 1st time around, and I'd be a late applicant. And that I should retake it early next year and apply early. I've been strongly considering this, but my question is this, would I be looked down upon and would it hurt my chances if I apply for the 2009 entering class, when I will graduate in May 2008. As it is I have the fact that Im taking 5 years against me to have completed undergrad, advantages are that I can boost my gpa by the time I graduate from 3.64 now to around 3.7 and graduate w/ honors degree and senior honors thesis. Mostly, does everyone think I should just wait til next cycle and would it look bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Alright so most everyone has been telling me I should not retake the mcat on Sept. 11 b/c schools might not accept it, my score might not improve significantly, if at all, after scoring a 22N the 1st time around, and I'd be a late applicant. And that I should retake it early next year and apply early. I've been strongly considering this, but my question is this, would I be looked down upon and would it hurt my chances if I apply for the 2009 entering class, when I will graduate in May 2008. As it is I have the fact that Im taking 5 years against me to have completed undergrad, advantages are that I can boost my gpa by the time I graduate from 3.64 now to around 3.7 and graduate w/ honors degree and senior honors thesis. Mostly, does everyone think I should just wait til next cycle and would it look bad?

if your taking 5 years to graduate explain why, unless its due to failing grades, suspensions, etc, it won't be counted against you. I think you should forget about applying this year, sept is way too late, your 22 is going to get you screened so you probably won't get secondaries until your newly improved MCAT comes out circa oct, which is past most school;s deadlines anyways.