OCPreMed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
Alright, tell me if this is 'standard'... I have been scoringin the high twenties on my TPR tests, BS 11, VR 9, PS 8, around there.. but on the AAMC test 4R, I scored a 39, and on the AAMC 3R test which I took over a month ago I scored a 36....

Is this normal... does TPR make their tests rediculously harder... I mean, when I was going through 4R, I thought it was a 'too easy', as if I was doing something wrong...

Let me know whats goin on with you guys.. I am taking 5R this weekend or monday, so I will post that score up to see if it follows the trend...

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
OCPreMed said:
Alright, tell me if this is 'standard'... I have been scoringin the high twenties on my TPR tests, BS 11, VR 9, PS 8, around there.. but on the AAMC test 4R, I scored a 39, and on the AAMC 3R test which I took over a month ago I scored a 36....

Is this normal... does TPR make their tests rediculously harder... I mean, when I was going through 4R, I thought it was a 'too easy', as if I was doing something wrong...

Let me know whats goin on with you guys.. I am taking 5R this weekend or monday, so I will post that score up to see if it follows the trend...

what ive heard in the past is that the earlier aamc's are easier than they are today therefore less representative of the real one in august. I'd try the later ones and see how you do more specifically 8 and 9.

Golfing_Doc

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Early on in prep, those TPR diags are pretty tough compared to 3R and 4R. I also scored mid-high 20s on 4911 and 4921 compared to 34+ for 3R and 4R. Hopefully your review keeps moving smoothly and 4931 and the rest of your AAMC tests stay consistant. Keep in mind that each test covers different material. The more you learn the less likely you'll run into a test with many things you can't answer.

OP
OCPreMed

OCPreMed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
Golfing_Doc said:
Early on in prep, those TPR diags are pretty tough compared to 3R and 4R. I also scored mid-high 20s on 4911 and 4921 compared to 34+ for 3R and 4R. Hopefully your review keeps moving smoothly and 4931 and the rest of your AAMC tests stay consistant. Keep in mind that each test covers different material. The more you learn the less likely you'll run into a test with many things you can't answer.
well I just took 5r and scored a 35 over all. 13 in PS, 12 in BS and 10 in Verbal... One of those passages I missed 8 questions... out of 10. YEAH :eek:

Anyways, HOPE everyone else is kickin butt! We got 29 days... lets handle this!!!