Huge Error on EK Physics 9th - Don't fall for it (Electricity and Mag)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

balopathic45

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
qKdp9TT.png

The answer is supposed to be C. EK says B, explains (incorrectly) why it's B, and it's not posted on the EK errata thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Here's the EK explanation:
"Work is equal to the electric potential energy, qEd, where d, displacement, is parallel to the lines of force. Any movement perpendicular to the lines of force (equipotential lines) requires no work. Therefore, only the movement in the direction of the lines of force are contributory. In this case, that would be x sin(30°). The work done then is qEx sin(30°)."

Haha thanks after I did this 30 minute test I had a 20 minute argument in a group chat with friends (engineering majors) about what was going on there until we all just accepted that the book was wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you checked the ? section on their website were you can ask the admin? I can't imagine that this hasn't been brought to their attention. There are usually multiple questions on every section.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you checked the ? section on their website were you can ask the admin? I can't imagine that this hasn't been brought to their attention. There are usually multiple questions on every section.

yeah its not up there