huge mistake in my AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watergirl1202

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i probably should have reread my AMCAS for the 4th time, apparently. I submitted this morning and then discovered a last word get cut off in my disadvantaged section. It was supposed to be "dad." and it was only "da". One would be able to figure out the word with the content of the paragraph and the sentence. Did I just EFFED up so bad?!?! Please Please what do I do now?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it takes four readings to catch it, they might not notice either. :)

And since you can figure it out from context anyway, it shouldn't be a deal breaker even if they do see it. If there's nothing you can do about it, don't waste effort worrying!

If there's nothing you can do about it, don't waste effort worrying!

I don't think you can do anything about it. But call AMCAS just to make sure. Like Fluffy said, if they say you can't modify it, then don't let it get to your head.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry so much about this, it's not even what I'd call a 'huge' mistake. A huge mistake would be forgetting to paste 1/2 of your essay.

I wouldn't worry so much about this, it's not even what I'd call a 'huge' mistake. A huge mistake would be forgetting to paste 1/2 of your essay.

Phht. A huge mistake is meaning to write, "I enjoyed my time at General Hospital and hope to return someday as a general surgeon" but instead accidentally typing, "Give me an effing prescription pad or I will burn your puny medical school to the ground."

THAT's a huge mistake.

So, in summary, and based on consensus, time to move on! :D