HUGE PLAN HERE...I want to calculate PCATS norms....come on in!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thephoenician88

wat.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here's what i want to do. I want to compile enough scores from everyone after January 08 to form a plot of what scaled score we need to earn a certain percentile in a subject and finally in composite.

If i get enough scores, say about 100 or so with a wide range, I can group all those scores together and form a graph. That way, next time you take the exam, you'll know where you need to do best to get the scaled score you want.

For example, I know that chemistry has a really high norm, but how high? A few scaled points can sometimes be a huge percentile difference, that's what i want to find out.

If i get enough scores i'll start inputting info into excel and put the data online. Let's get this started if you're interested. I know there are a lot of scores on this website, but consolidating all the scores you've gotten since jan 08 (after that the norms went up i believe) would be awesome. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

No gainsaying, but i think lots of people would be reluctant to post all their scores because it takes time to type them all up. This is a crunch time and everyone pretty much is trying to get their application straightened out and finish their gruesome fall semester in peace. Let's try this in Summer 09 lol no pun intended.

No gainsaying, but i think lots of people would be reluctant to post all their scores because it takes time to type them all up. This is a crunch time and everyone pretty much is trying to get their application straightened out and finish their gruesome fall semester in peace. Let's try this in Summer 09 lol no pun intended.
yea i'm in the same boat

i've looked at some scores though, and let me tell you, the bridge between a 70 and a 90 is very small...

Sounds ambitious, but I'll post my scores here later tonight when I get to them again, just to help out.