Human Anatomy

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Ibis, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Ibis

Ibis Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What do you guys think of the Interactive Atlas of Human Anatomy (CDROM) by Dr. Netter? Was it helpful as a supplement? It seems like a refreshing approach to begin learning Anatomy. Any comments?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dodge This

Dodge This Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I didn't use it. Some people really like it. Just get a copy of it and try it out for yourself. I'm sure there will be some floating amongst your classmates come the fall.

4. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Get a copy of ADAM Interactive Anatomy from JourneyEd.com. I paid $150 for both anatomy and the interactive physiology CD.

Interactive Anatomy is awesome! You basically dissect a cadaver on the computer by taking away a layer at a time.

I'm sure that the anatomy CD is cheaper than the combo. ADAM also makes a practical exam so you can test yourself. You'll need to fax them a copy of your student ID in order to get it on an academic discount. ADAM also offers an online version if you have a broadband connection.

5. colorado_1

colorado_1 Member
    7+ Year Member

wow never in all of 1st year did i hear someone call netter "dr. netter." hmmm. guess after you study his pictures for so many hours you earn the right to call the guy by last name alone. "netter."

sorry, had to be a wise ass, lol.

6. Chris_P

Chris_P Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Primal Pictures (www.primalpictures.com) do a nice range of 3D anatomy CD-ROMs. They are a little pricey though.

Chris

7. medravi

medravi Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

You can try:
    <a href="http://www.ttuhsc.edu/courses/cbb/ha/index.htm" target="_blank">Human Anatomy Dissection Guide</a>

There's a dissector and a quiz feature, which you can access by clicking on the respective buttons at the top of the webpage.

8. drmandstogo

Resident [Any Field]
    i've been using primal pictures complete human anatomy for my studies and you can't even compare it to the others like adam or "netter". It has quizzes too but the graphics, dissections, etc are amazing. they have a special price for students but is a good investment.

9. Depakote

Depakote Pediatric Anesthesiologist
    Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    2002?

woah... that's crazy-zombie thread.

10. Abilene85

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
  11. trevagandalf

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    my school has the netters atlas installed in the school's computer network and i have been using it all semester to study and it's really really helpful. You can make your own tests and study guides with it as well as search for structures, instead of having to flip the entire netter's book for the pictures...

12. arsenewenger

2+ Year Member

Post Doc

your school sucks, mine rocks!!! LOL