• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
I am looking for a dynamic M.Sc./Ph.d. program that allows me to study human biology that gives me the option of doing clinical research. Is there any program out there? I know Harvard has just recently started a program in systems biology

May 31, 2003
FL
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
Check out Emory's Biological Anthropology PhD program.

About the Ads
May 31, 2003
FL
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
human biology is associated with anthropology..for example, the founder of the human biology association is at the university of michigan anthro department...anyway, i would look at emory and northwestern if i wanted to do human biology in any form.

May 31, 2003
FL
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
human biology is associated with anthropology..for example, the founder of the human biology association is at the university of michigan anthro department...anyway, i would look at emory and northwestern if i wanted to do human biology in any form.

i think this topic is probably better for the "everyone" forumn, so i won't post anything else in here about it.

raptor5

Fooled by Randomness
Gold Donor
15+ Year Member
May 28, 2003
Without cell reception
We aren't in England, you won't find MSC programs.
You just might be wrong on that one. go to www.PCOM.edu. They offer a clinical masters of science hence the M.Sc. designator. This is not a degree I see offered that much so I can see how it would seem foreign. For some time I thought that an M.S. was the same as a M.Sc.

u2psalm40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2003
Status
MD/PhD Student
i think hopkins has one. but i think it's more "human genetics" related.

bc_tch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
Visit site
Status
FYI: M.Sc. is just a different notation for Master of Science in England and most of the English-speaking world including Australia, Canada and asia. On the other hand, the Master of Philosophy degree (non-existnt in the US) is a little step up from the regular M.Sc. program in those countries as I recall.

About the Ads