• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

tryingtobeanasiandoc

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
If I have already received II's this cycle and listed Human Systems Physiology as a course I will take senior year, would it be frowned upon to take that P/F? Or should I actually take it for a grade? It is renowned for being one of the more difficult Biology courses at my university and furthermore, it is not a pre-requisite for my degree plan (rather an elective). Thanks!

BigRedBeta

Why am I in a handbasket?
10+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
It's hard to say.

I made a second semester anatomy class P/F after I already had an acceptance and it was the hardest grade I ever earned - zero motivation to actually study or pay attention during the 6 hours of lab a week (but I got really good at crosswords during that lab). At my school, you had to get the equivalent of a C for a passing grade. Had I just taken it for a grade, I could have gotten a D and still got credit for it.

But you aren't accepted yet and still need to worry about your GPA and other optics. Given the difficulty, P/F makes sense. But if you don't get accepted right away, it would be nice to be able to point to the high grade as a demonstration that you can handle difficult course work.

jtd2081

5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just take the class. Don't slack off. Why did you take this class?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.